Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lash Logic

Hola Divas…
So today I thought I would try something different and tell you about 2 things that happened to me in regards to my lashes recently…

I’ve always had short lashes, and I felt that my makeup looks would look better if I had longer lashes. So off I went to the the local spa and got lash extensions. Below you will see a picture of the “AFTER” affect.

Picture 413

And I couldn’t have been happier…. until… the removal. When I removed them I lost 90% of my lashes. I went from having “okay” lashes… to having barely anything for mascara to stick to. It was depressing. So because of that I stopped wearing makeup completely. It sounds silly but I think lashes bring an entire look together. And therefore, I felt why bother putting on makeup if the look was going to look “incomplete”.

So I’ve been using my usual mascaras which would include one from Sephora (a plumper volume lash mascara), Maybelline Falsies, and Loreal Power Volume. All of which I would mix and match and still I wasn’t getting the desired look. I knew my lashes were growing back… but just at a painstakingly low pace…. Then yesterday I read on AshleyGaGa’s blog (one of my fellow #blmgirls) that in order to  NOT cause lash damage with mascara that I should tr Maybelline Great Lash BIG (which only costs $4.44 at Wal-mart). Needless to say… I loved it so much… I was inspired to do a makeup look… I hope you enjoy… Have you ever tried lash extensions? If so, would you do it again? What mascara do you use daily? Do you think the lashes above would help the look below? Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

IMG_0019IMG_0013IMG_0007IMG_0008IMG_0009IMG_0010IMG_0014IMG_0015

6 comments:

Ashley GaGa said...

I love it! Your lashes look so beautiful!!!!!

Shasie said...

Great lipstick color

Shasie of Live
Life in Style



My Interview with Mark Badgley & James Mischka

Shasie said...

Pretty lipstick color

Shasie of Live
Life in Style



My Interview with Mark Badgley & James Mischka

kimberly said...

You look great!

Jackie Brown said...

My daughter has just had hers done, they looked fantastic but only lasted a week and they started looking scruffy, today she pulled them off - lucky her real eyebrows didn't come of with them. And they were expensive she is going to buy cheapie's now and do them herself when she wants them.

Plus Size Clothing said...

Those extended lashed look Beautiful. They really add a bit more DIVA!

Related Posts with Thumbnails