Thursday, March 29, 2012

DOTD: Colorblocking… Finally

Hola Divas…
I love Colorblocking. I sit on Pinterest as much time as I can and I can’t get enough of images of bloggers, models, and everyone in colorblocking pictures. And I think to myself that I would love to colorblock. I know you’re thinking that you’ve seen me colorblock. But there is always a piece that draws the colors together. A necklace, shoes, or earrings…always a piece that have both colors together so that I didn’t have to actually work so hard at the colorblocking.

I finally did it. I colorblocked and did so without a linking piece. I love red and teal and this morning I was so pressed to wear them together and I have to admit… I am in LOVE with how this turned out. I wore black basics to draw the pieces together but I am glad I colorblocked with 2 colors FINALLY…. now my next goal… to colorblock with 3 colors… hehe… I’m so proud of myself…. I’m also proud that I did 2 posts in one week.

Now to the honest part… I really wanted to wear this with a different pair of shoes but I couldn’t see me making it the entire day in any other shoes. I love these shoes because they are one of the few pair of heels that I own that can be walked in for more than 6 hours. I mean I can do these shoes almost all day no problem. I had to go see my son’s PO (who said that my son is doing amazingly) and I had to go and rip my leasing office a new one (seriously… everything bad that happens in this neighborhood is not my son’s fault… PERIOD)… but I digress… Today was long but productive and now (thank goodness) it’s almost over. I plan on posting this and then reading or being on Pinterest until I fall asleep. How was your day? Did you do anything eventful? Have you colorblocked yet? If so, how do you think it turned out? Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

P.S. I just realized that I’m wearing almost all Forever21+

IMG_0060IMG_0057IMG_0048IMG_0051IMG_0056IMG_0059

What I Wore While Blocking the Color:
Black Cami: Forever21+
Teal Lace Top: Forever21+
Red Skinnies: Forever21+
Shoes: Off Broadway Shoes
Ring: Charming Charlie
Earrings: beauty supply
Sunglasses: Flea Market

10 comments:

Julia Smith said...

Those are the shoes that I have been lusting over on your blog for the longest!  I love the skinnies(I plan to buy some very soon)  I am also making jewelry now.  If you email me your address I will send you a pair of earrings to review for me.  My email is julia@buxomchick.com  I will only make earrings with lead and nickel free earring hooks/posts and semiprecious stones.  I will let you know more when I am ready to send them because I am still making pieces.  Thanks!

http://www.buxomchick.com

Alicja Koalicja said...

I love red pants:)

http://borntobealice.blogspot.com/ 

Plussizegirlbudgetworld said...

your top is super cute i must say...that blue is very nice,great color combo :)

Jennifer/Jasifer said...

love how you combined these two colors :D

revasrags2roses ford said...

Enter my $100 gift card give-a-way!xXx
Reva

Jeanette Celine Mangaard said...

Hi, i like your blog, its cool that you are proud of beeing a queen diva whit alot of curves :) You have alot of beatiful clothes and acessories :) Lots of love from Norway.

Shareha Adriann said...

For years, I have have a few colorblocking concepts come from my wardrobe but this is the FIRST time that I have ever done it with BRIGHT COLORS like sky blue, pink, orange, teal, coral, citrine, yellow, etc!! And don't get me started on lace!! I LOVE lace!! Keep it coming!! Love your panache!! 

http://www.herpanache.com 

Anonymous said...

you choose a really fashionable curvy clothing. Keep on sharing your ideas. Thanks.

Olivia (wait until the sunset) said...

oohh smokin pants babe!

Nikki (Mavens and Muses) said...

The red and blue look great together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails