Saturday, May 26, 2012

DOTD: Accepting The Changes in Me!

Hola Divas…
I’ve put on weight. Big surprise as I’m sure you can see that in the pictures I post. But I’ve put on some significant weight. What is hilarious, is I’m the happiest I’ve been in a long time. And by happy I mean HAPPY. Not happy that I show the world, but I wake up happy and go to bed happy. Blessed that I’ve been able to experience another day with my family and friends.

So when I started this blog, I wasn’t happy. My marriage was in a shambles. I hated my job. My friends were only only friends when it was convenient for them. But now… now… the problems hubby and I experienced last year… made us a stronger unit. And my kids are liking the changes I made in myself along my journey. I’m not saying I was a crappy mom. I just wasn’t the mom I wanted to be. But all that has changed now…

To give you a list of everything in my life that has changed would take forever but here is what I am going to do… Starting tomorrow (yeah… today is shot) I’m going to begin Weight Watchers again and start working out. Because before I was a size 16 (sometimes an 18) and to be honest… the 20s I’m rocking lately are making me miss my smaller clothing. So if I need to lose weight to wear my clothes… I will be a selfish dieter… because it needs to be done. But during this time of larger me… I’ve loved myself regardless of how much stomach I’m carrying, and how tight my jeans have gotten. Which in itself has shown how much I have grown in the past year. Don’t get me wrong, my life is not all rainbows and unicorns… but when the tough stuff hits. I am prayed up and faithful and believe that goodness will follow the storm. I wanted to say this on my blog because I know there are many of us that gain weight and we determine our beauty based on what we can fit into… don’t do that. You are beautiful regardless of the number read on the scale. I am losing weight for me. But you have to do what makes you happy. Don’t do it because you are trying to live up to someone else’s expectation of what beauty is…
Okay… I’m off my soapbox… Now onto the fashion. Do you gain or lose weight when you’re happy? Will me going on a diet make me a bad blogger in your opinion? How do you feel about so many bloggers losing weight lately? Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

IMG_0025IMG_0031IMG_0028IMG_0027IMG_0036IMG_0026

What I Wore While Being HAPPY:
Dress (worn as skirt): Pure Enery (Target)
Tank: Wal-mart
Denim Vest: Ashley Stewart 
Earrings: Burlington Coat Factory
Ring: Charming Charlie
Shoes: Rack Room Shoes (X-Appeal)

IMG_0039

This is the picture hubby takes without me knowing… I knew he was laughing for a reason… now I know why… no clue why I made that face LMAO!!!

9 comments:

Roni W said...

When I'm unhappy, I put on the pounds. When I'm happy, I'm usually too invested in whatever it is to eat too much. When my ex dumped me, I put on 40 pounds. When school got to me, I ate all the bad things Downtown Chicago had to offer. But when I was faced with a lot of things in my life, I made the same choice--diet, exercise, loving myself. It's been far from easy in so many ways, but just like you I'm keeping that faith! I think your diet won't make you a bad blogger at all. If you talk about your experiences, you will probably inspire someone. I think it's wonderful so many bloggers are on the trail to lose weight. I'm going back on the walking trail with my father tomorrow, weather permitting. :-)

Beatrice said...

I say good for you! This post is just so full of joy, I smiled the entire time I read it. I found that I had to get to a place where I really loved myself before I could loose weight. When I blogged that I was joining weight watchers I lost several readers. At first it bothered me, but then I realized, that I didn't want readers who couldn't accept me and my choices. You've always put so much of yourself into you blog, don't stop now, it is what makes your blog so good. I hope you continue to find the joy you have now.

revasrags2roses ford said...

I in the exact place! I've gained 3 sizes within a year. Now my clothes are all too small, but I can't afford to bu new ones, so i too am trying to lose weight.
You look beautiful-that skirt is awesome!
(do you find 'the girls' to be a problem area in the summer?) I do, I think they look like melons and all the summer look just make them look bigger!
I've been sporting dark colors on top and am beginning to fry in the heat!
big hugs
Reva

WhatWouldMommyWear said...

Beautiful outfit! I think you are a good blogger when you are honest. I love that you are so open and honest here. Also, I think you have done the weight loss thing properly...in that you love yourself...and then you lose the weight. You aren't losing the weight hoping to love yourself. Good luck!!!

Ticka said...

Love the sentiment of accepting the changes, then doing something about the ones that you don't necessarily like. I'm so glad that you are happy, and things are better for you and your family.

I tend to loose weight when I'm sad. When I'm happy, I focus more on me and doing what's right.

Love the green top with this outfit. It really brings out the flowers in the dress!

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

Yaqueen14 said...

Thanks for posting this - God bless you.

Leimom said...

Thank you for this post, it was right on time. I came to the same realization this weekend myself.
Your words were beautiful encouragement.
Thanks!!!!

Styleagent909 said...

Queen Diva, I just found your blog via your comment on Revas Rags to Roses. Actually, I went to your fashion swap blog first, then found this.
Love your style and would love to swap some accessories if you ever have any you want to unload.
I'm glad to read that you're happier now than ever. Lose weight for your health and only because it's what you want!

Alison said...

The way I see it is if you feel better about yourself losing weight then do it. I have been trying and trying to accept myself as I am and I just cannot. The only way I am happy is when I am losing weight. You have to be true to yourself. On the other hand if you are happy as you are then that is absolutely wonderful but if you feel you need to lose weight for health reasons then that is respectable. 

Do what will make you happiest ultimately that is what is most important :-) X

Related Posts with Thumbnails