Thursday, May 10, 2012

DOTD: Pulling Out An Old Favorite

Hola Divas…
I love my new job. I mean I know I say it often on twitter and Facebook… but I really really love my new job. So today was a pretty big day. I had a big meeting that I had to prepare for and all this week was prep for said meeting. I had been told on Tuesday that I had to be careful with the amount of “skin” I showed at work. I know that many people would think I would take offense to this… but I didn’t. I even posted some information about it on Facebook because of 2 reasons… 1) Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE my boobies and they know I don’t always think before getting dressed & 2) Because my friends are hilarious and I knew that they would make some awesomely ridiculous jokes about it. However, some people took it quite serious. And that is how you know which people know you best.

So needless to say… when I knew I had this SUPER important meeting today… I knew I had to look professional and not show any skin. So I went into my closet and thought… what to wear. And this Igigi dress stood out and said.. “Hello!!! Remember me?!!” I did remember this dress and how often I wore it before I started blogging. But today… when I wore it… it brought back memories of how awesome I have always felt in this dress. I didn’t want to be boring so I decided to spruce up the outfit with coral accessiories (you remember how I feel about coral) and I felt like a million bucks. I also felt that adding the cami and the shoes made it professional with a little something extra. But a comment was made on my facebook/instagram photo "You allowed to wear shoes like that to work??” Which leads me to the question for today’s post… Are my shoes inappropriate for work? If so, why? Because in what handbook does any company mention shoes (other than flipflops & sandals)? Would you wear shoes like this to work if your were running a meeting? Do you think company handbooks should include what types of embellishments should be allowed on shoes that are worn in the office? Know that your answers to this question will not stop my shoe game (I mean seriously… you know how I love my heels), but I’m just curious what you all think… Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

IMG_0169IMG_0162IMG_0148IMG_0164IMG_0149IMG_0157IMG_0170IMG_0171IMG_0172IMG_0175IMG_0177IMG_0184

What I Wore While Having a Meeting:
Dress: iGiGi (bought with giftcard from friend – years ago)
Lace Trim Cami: Wal-mart
Shoes: Shoedazzle (Edith)
Necklace/Ring: Charming Charlie
Earrings: beauty supply
Sunglasses: flea market

Closeup of Shoes:

8 comments:

chictherapy online said...

wow!!Love the shoes

Nique said...

I don't see anything wrong with the shoes you're wearing. They're FAB! No company that I know of {at least if you work in an office environment} have restrictions on shoes except for sneakers and flip flops. Embellishments or not, I wish they would tell me that I can't wear heels to work. Not having it... Cute outfit!

Stay beautiful! *Smooches*Nique
www.chubbydivaonadime.com@chubbydivanique

Iasia said...

I think your shoes a gorge with 2 snaps. I love them and a pop of color was just right for you dress. DO YOU BOO!!!

-Iasia
www.fatshionsquared.blogspot.com

Courtney6708 said...

Those shoes are fabulous!   I could never wear heels like that, but I guess I can live vicariously through you. 

LaTasha Archie said...

Love those shoes! And your outfit was very cute. I giggled reading this because people always tell me to be mindful about my boobies (Im so in love with them as well).  Unfortunately Im a nurse so Im stuck in scrubs 85% of my life so when we have off duty meetings I go over board but you look fine! And If I had an office job I'd be slaying them in my shoe game hahaha... Keep doing your divalicious thang. lol

wearefatgirlfresh.blogspot.com

LA said...

I'm baffled, why would your shoes be an issue? I would love to wear shoes like that to work, however two things stop me. 1) I can't walk in them. 2) I am in IT, and I am entry level. That means I am up and down stairs and carrying stuff constantly. There is no way. 

Marcia V. of Precious Style said...

Those shoes Honey...They are amazing!!

Ashley said...

Yes, those heels are on point. Very different!

Related Posts with Thumbnails