Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DOTD: New Year… now what?

So it is a new year and I should be super stoked right? Well… I’m perplexed. And its not because I’m being a pessimist… its because I just wanted more. I realized that I am in my mid-thirties and I am no where near where I would like to be. I would like to be in a home. I would like to have a true career. And I would like to have a savings that could pay my bills if I lost my job for a year. But instead I get an apartment where my neighbors are constantly selling drugs out in front and then get an attitude if you don’t speak to them. Seriously? I don’t want to speak to you because you are doing illegal activity where my children walk out to go to school… so no… I’m not your biggest fan. As for my “career” I work a job where one moment they are nice the next minute… not so much. My boss quit and since leaving 2 weeks ago has already begun to lose weight… and I’ve gained weight since I started working here. I think it’s the stress and just generally the way people talk to me. I’m broke… my truck is sitting out front not moving until I can get the money together to get it fixed (hopefully this weekend).

All in all… I do know I am blessed… I still have my hubby who is trying his best not to jump off a bridge. I have my beautiful girls who both just celebrated birthdays. And I have my son who is doing his best to stay out of trouble (Thank you, Jesus!!).  So I said all this as a preamble to the fact that I swore I would blog more more even if it was life posts… and then… I didn’t blog a darn thing. And that is because I have been swamped and then when I get home I am so exhausted all I want to do is put head to pillow…Anyway… here is an Divalook Of The Day (DOTD) to give you some eye candy (yeah right… I look absolutely tanked in these pictures). Please ignore my face of exhaustion… lol

But enough about me… How are you? How is the “new year” treating you? Can you tell that the tights I’m wearing are floral print… lol? Hasta la proxima ~besitos~ **sidebar: Yes I do speak spanish… I hope to be able to record a spanish youtube video soon**

IMG_0024IMG_0030IMG_0013IMG_0021IMG_0025IMG_0026IMG_0028

What I Wore While Contemplating My Future:
Gray/Yellow Dress: ASOS Curve
Blazer: Curve Appeal Consignment
Floral Tights: Assets by Spanx (JCPenney)
Yellow/Gray/Black Stilettos: ShoeDazzle
Necklace: Charming Charlie
Earrings: beauty supply
Flower: Target

10 comments:

Curvatude said...

girl, keep ya head up. every new day is a new opportunity...

and keep wearing all these fab bright colors, they fuel the spirit. love the dress on  you.oh and when i am tired and its picture time, i wear a pair of sunglasses to hide the evidence ;-)

Shanticka Buchanan said...

Keep on, keepin on! You named many great things about your new year and I love it! There will be many more to come!

My new year has been great. Nothing really new, but it's great nonetheless!

That yellow is a fabulous color & really pops against the grey and black. 
http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/@tickaNascha 

Ibleedpink said...

Loving that dress!!  Try to stay postive and good things will come in 2012 for you.  Your already off to a good start, with a cute outfit and a good family!

Jill M. said...

cuuuute outfit! LOVE the shoes :)

xo, Jill
http://jillybeanstalk.blogspot.com

Tavia of Nine to Fly said...

My Fellow fashionista, you must stay focused on the positives.  I know it is easier said than done.  Sometimes things don't work out the way we would like but all I can say is thank God for the ability to get refocused and make new plans!  The roadblocks just help us appreciate it more when we get to where we want to be.  You will get there if you work your plan and plan to work!  Keep your head up!

As far as the fit...I like grey and yellow together but always forget about it.  Thanks for the reminder.  Looking good!

~Tavia
www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

S Summers said...

Diva I know its hard.... 2011 was a hell of a year !  ... Praying for you and your family... and I always enjoy your blog ....Your hair is looking good girl !
.... Jeremiah 29 :11  this scripture always gives me comfort ...

Gabriella Cozza said...

I want to blog more often too, but life always get in the way...lol!  I'm sure eventually you'll get where you want to be, at least you can still focus on the positives in your life. :)  Your outfit is adorable, the bright yellow is so fun! I love that dress and of course you always have amazing shoes!!  Happy belated New Year, I've been missing form everything blog related for a while, lol!   :)

Principessa Gabriella 

Finesstra Moore said...

keep your head up girl, life does get in the way sometimes but  I am glad to hear you are being positive. I will keep u in my prayer and hopefully before it is all said and done 2012 will be your year. You do look cute I'm loving the dress and I couldn't tell those tights had a pattern on them

Kheira said...

Love this outfit ! The colors look amazing on you ! xo :)

www.lachrodemode.blogspot.com

Cathy Witter said...

Thank you for being so open and transparent! So often bloggers portray a picture of life that is unauthentic to most peoples reality. I live in the real wold and I am so glad that you do too... where life is not all golden but still blessed. Keep giving us real style and the REAL you!.

Related Posts with Thumbnails