Wednesday, January 04, 2012

2012 Blog Declaration


It’s 2012 and with a new year comes new thoughts on what you expect of the year and where you want to see yourself at the end of that year. First let me begin by saying that I do believe that we will live to see 2013 because I am not one to believe in the 12/21/12 end of the world thing. Not saying you can’t believe it (because my hubby believes and he mentions it everyday)… just saying I don’t.  Anyway… back to my point. As last year was a rollercoaster ride of bad decisions and just horrible crying spells I want this year to be the year of laughter and just living life. So this blog is going to change a bit. It will still contain my usual outfits only it may not contain as many as you are accustomed. I want to make this a LIFEstyle blog with emphasis on the LIFE part. I want to include more pictures of my children and my hubby. I want you to see that my life is not only outfits and shoes. I want you to get to know… ME.

This was a hard decision to make because I know that if you have been with me since day one that you may not like the changes I plan on implementing but I have to be true to myself and I am much more than fashion. I am more than makeup. And I am more than shoes. I am a mother, an avid reader, a tech enthusiast, a wife, and a friend. I want you to know what books I’m currently reading and enjoying. I want you to know what happened during my day. I want you to know what means the most to me and what makes me…. well… ME. Now I won’t give you everything… I won’t overwhelm you with my hectic crazy life… but I will let you see that I am a 3 dimensional person who does not just play a fashionable character on my blog. With that said… I hope you will come along for the ride. 
 
Another decision I have made is this… the wigs are gone. I may “occasionally” wear them for fashion flair… but as for everyday… I want my daughter to know and see that I love my hair and that she should too. She made a statement recently that cut me to the bone about how she “HATES” her hair curly because it’s ugly. And that hurt me. I love letting her get her hair straightened…  but I don’t want her to think that her curly locks are not her own. So I will rock my hair and the occasional protective style… but will try to avoid weaves and wigs going forward.  To start the year off… here is a picture of me today at work with my glasses on and my hair curled out…



Now in case you’re wondering… yes… I will continue to do Diva Spotlights, “Lo Quiero Ahora” wishlist posts, ShoeDay Saturday posts and I will continue to shout out Diva Bloggers I find along the way. But I won’t let it takeover my life and my family… I want to find the happy medium of blogging and living because you can’t live life behind a laptop.  Well… that is my 2012 declaration and I hope I won’t lose you as a reader/follower/friend… Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

11 comments:

theplussideofme said...

I'm excited to see where you take us! I love your clothes, but I come here for YOU! Best wishes in 2012!

Isabelle Mathurin said...

i love your hair! i have a 3 yo daughter and i try to instill the same thing butits hard because i have to compete with Disney!

i always look forward to your posts!

www.izzygetsbizzy.com

ray said...

Happy New Year!! Wishing you the best this year.  Good to hear things are looking up for you and your family. With a positive outlook you are sure to have a wonderful 2012!! 

Shanticka Buchanan said...

Love the blog direction! I can't wait to know more about you. I know your this year will be filled with happiness and great times for your and your family.

As far back as I can remember, I have drilled into my daughters head so much that her natural hair is beautiful, that it's hard for her to think otherwise... even with my relaxed hair. Just continue to let your baby girl know that she's gorgeous no matter if her hair is straight or natural. She is not her hair... and neither are you. 

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/
@tickaNascha 

Maga said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_5jIt0f5Z4 Have you ever heard this song by India.Arie? It's about self-acceptance and I love it. I wish you all the best and good luck in 2012 - your reader from Poland :)

Karen Ward said...

Can't wait to see the new changes. I am totally behind you all the way, but you already knew that. ;)

Just be the fabulous person you are, and I know you won't lose a single follower. Happy New Year!

Kiah said...

Girl I didn't know you spoke Spanish! Didn't I ask you this before?? lol I hope this year is full of PEACE and HAPPINESS for you and your family. Stay in prayer girl. I will be in be in the Bmore area in March. Maybe we can meet up. Kiah

Roseglen3 said...

Just stopping by to say Happy New Year. I love your honesty, and I love your hair. Wishing you all the best for 2012

Mia Newman said...

Hi Diva!! I've missed reading your blog so much since my computer has been out of wack.  Anyway, I think that your blog will still be awsome, I like to be able to learn more about the girls that I follow and I know that there is so much more to you than awesome shoes!!  I love you!!

Gabriella Cozza said...

The changes sound good, I'm sure your readers will all love to see more of your life other than your outfits (though they are pretty awesome!). :)  I've tried to do the same with my blog, when I can, because I cannot only talk about fashion as much as I love it, I love a lot of other things. :)

Principessa Gabriella 

NATASHIA RICHARDSON said...

Loving this declaration and you are so right you have to find a happy medium. Good luck in 2012 and love your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails