Thursday, January 26, 2012

DOTD: Not Dead or Dying

Hola Divas…
I disappeared… I know. I disappeared off twitter and my blog. Why? I was killer swamped and to be honest… I didn’t like any of my clothes. I’ve put on so much weight and nothing fits. So I was allowing it to affect who I was… and then something happened the other day… I got over myself. I stopped hating my extra poundage, and I stopped hating my hair (that is another issue within itself… but I digress). I decided that if I was going to be a TRUE blogger… I would find a way to love my hair and my body and bring my readers along for the ride. And then yesterday… this outfit came to me. And then I knew I had tapped into a bit of the old me.

Soooo…. here I am… wearing my favorite color and rocking a new way to showcase my natural hair. I have to admit… I really like it… and this is what being a FATshionista is all about… it’s about finding a way to… “Make it work” (in the famous words of Tim Gunn). I hope you like this… I hope not to disappear any more… but if I do it will be work related… not because I don’t love myself. I also am trying to find new places/ways to take pictures… because the hallway is so dark. I can’t wait until I can do outside pics again… daylight can’t come fast enough.

I hope this post finds you well… Have you had any body issues this winter? Are you finding ways around it? Do you like my natural updo? Are you wearing natural hair? How have you dealt with those “in between moments”? I can’t wait to convo with you… Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

P.S. I’ve officially been blogging for 2 years (totally missed my anniversary)
IMG_0026IMG_0011IMG_0014IMG_0016IMG_0019IMG_0021IMG_0024IMG_0025

What I Wore While Feeling Naturally Diva:
Studded Blazer: Burlington Coat Factory
Purple Tank/Scarf/Flower: Target
Jeans: Wal-mart
Studded Shoes: ShoeDazzle
Earrings: beauty supply

IMG_0032IMG_0033

11 comments:

LaShawnda G said...

girl i feel your pain... and its hard sometimes to feel cute when ur feeling fat and bloated.. and sometimes i do let myself get to me.  Ive had to learn how to let it go and be the best me possible.

Coco21 said...

looks good the picture are clearer. Did u get a new camera?

Roni W said...

Loving this body of mine has been a long struggle. I have my ups and downs, but have come to find that my daily fitness routine seems to quiet those painful thoughts. Recently a blog troll has come through to test that. While I have to moderate comments now, it makes me feel so much closer to myself because I know the truth--I'M SO WORTH IT! I know how you feel, though. I let myself go for months and some of my clothes either are no longer loose or are pretty dang snug. I LOVE your hair and I'm natural too, going through fifty eleven products to find what works for me during warm and cold months. It's all a part of life's trial and error, I suppose. But I think you are SO beautiful and inspirational. When I found your blog, I felt inspired bit by bit to step up my FATshion game. I feel like just because I am big, I don't have to sacrifice looking and feeling good. I think you work it SO well. Purple is my color too--ROYALTY!! <3

dreaminofme18 said...

I am still struggling to lost my baby weight but I still make it work!!! I know what u mean!! LOVEEEEEEEEE this outfit!
www.style4curves.blogspot.com

beatrice said...

Looking lovely! Your natural hair is just so pretty. The weight/size thing is so frustrating. I'm in between sizes right now and nothing fits correctly. I guess the thing to to is just keep going and not let clothing frustrate you; make is a source of inspiration.

Shanticka Buchanan said...

Very cute!!! There is something about the color purple that just makes me smile. It's a great way to liven up any outfit!

I do like the natural "do". 

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/
@TickaNascha 

Angie said...

Hola!
I love purple color too, it looks so... alegre! (happy)
About the weight thing... I understand you perfectly. As Beatrice said before, sometimes is very frustrating.
I've been feeling drepressed so many times due to this, not finding any clothing I like on stores, feeling as if everybody was watching me because I am fat... But then, there are times I feel like it is ok, this is how I am and I can be happy too.
I don't know if I am making any sense, but what I am trying to say is that we do not should think less of ourselves just because our weight is not the perfect one... (I know, it's easy to say but very hard to do...)
Anyway, I think you look great.
Take care!
Besitos!
Angie
http://rincondeangie.blogspot.com/

CURVESandCHAOS said...

Love this look and color on you! Welcome back! 

City Poodle said...

I can sympathize with the weight issue -- I was doing good until I started having to travel to the west coast - it totally messed up my routine.  Now I have clothes in my closet that fit me a year ago that don't fit now - and it is totally messing with my head.  I am trying to get back to the gym because I know I feel better when I am more active and what works for me is making an effort to fix myself up and wearing something special - even if just bright lipstick. 

I think your outfit looks good (dying over your shoes) and I like your natural hair - it is very pretty in these pictures.

Curviebirdie said...

Well welcome back, and you did that girl.  That is a very cute look.  I love flowers and scarfs, so I am seriously liking your outfit!!!!

www.curviebirdie.blogspot.com

Tavia of Nine to Fly said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary!  Isn't funny how we have to get over ouselves sometimes.  We all go through it.  Glad you got through it.  I love the colors of this fit and that scarf just ties it all in together! 
#TeamNatural!

Related Posts with Thumbnails