Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DOTD: ReVamping This Dress… Again

Hola Divas,
I know I’ve worn this dress only a few posts ago. But if I had been blogging as frequently as I would like… then this wouldn’t be as noticeable. But when it was so so hot on the East coast… it was just too much to get up each morning and to care enough to take a picture of my outfits. Its not because I didn’t want to… but because I just couldn’t bear to be out in that heat for longer than 5 minutes.

I know it sounds like I’m being overly “Diva” but actually I get severely sick when my body overheats. You probably can’t tell it now but I used to be a HUGE book nerd as a kid. So much so that while other kids were outside playing, I was indoors living inside my mind with the characters of my favorite books. Enter me as an adult who wants to spend the day at a theme park in the sun with my children… only to be told by my doctor that I can’t. Why? Because my body never adapted to life outdoors as a child… doing it now is not an option. My body overheats… I get the ugliest blisters on my skin and I have occasionally blacked out when the heat became too much. So the last 2 weeks… have not been fun for me… an hour outdoors has a tendency to leave me so drained I can’t function for like an entire day afterward. Anyway… today I noticed it was a perfect 79° this morning so I wanted to take advantage of a great outfit… and a low temperature morning. I’m very happy to be back on my game (please August… try not to suck). Hope you like this outfit… I LOVE the shoes!!! On to the fashion… Do you have any health issues that this heat is flaring up? How have you stayed cool during these super hot days? Has your fashion or blogging been affected by the heatwave? Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

IMG_0042IMG_0014IMG_0012IMG_0019IMG_0023IMG_0026IMG_0047IMG_0037IMG_0038IMG_0046

What I Wore While NOT Overheating:
Flower Wrap Dress: Igigi (so old)
Teal Tank: Dots
Teal Shoes: ShoeDazzle
Watch: Charming Charlie
Brown Wood Earrings: beauty supply

1 comment:

Jolene said...

The dress still looks great, who cares if it was a recent outfit :)

Yes, I have serious issues with the heat. I get heat exhaustion very easily and have had heat stroke more than my fair share of times in my life. For me the problem is because my body doesn't sweat, so because it can't regulate it's temperature by sweating like normal people I get extremely overheated even in what to some people is not hot.

We haven't had the heat drag on like a lot of places, ours only lasted about 2 weeks and is cooling down now. Supposedly it's supposed to be a very hot summer here, but they were wrong when they said it was going to be a brutal winter(it was a very mild one compared to usual), so I don't really believe it until I see it LOL. I'm hoping they are wrong, a couple weeks of that heat was plenty for me! I can't do anything outdoors when it's hot, I feel like I'm wasting the summer away!

I hope you get to enjoy some cooler weather where you are and get a break from that horrible heat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails