Sunday, August 21, 2011

Church Diva: A Sunshine Combination

I saw this dress on clearance at ASOS Curve and I knew I had to have it. And I knew it would go AWESOMELY with my Shoedazzle shoes that I don’t wear nearly enough. I have to admit… this outfit came out MUCH better than even I thought it would. And if you haven’t noticed… I changed my hair yet again… because the definition of Diva is keeping you on your toes (at least in my fashion dictionary that is part of the definition). Whitney Houston kept you guessing with her hair (even when she was a crack head) so I guess I am just changing who I see in the mirror on a daily basis… IMG_0266

Today was a great sermon. I think that Sunday is really my favorite day of the week. I am working on being a better person and this keeps me grounded and surrounded by like minded people. My reverend leaves soon for Iraq… so I will be on serious prayer patrol because he has to come back safe and sound because he is a father figure to me. I have a father but I like having a father figure who is also guiding me spiritually. Who doesn’t… right?

So this week has kinda sucked. No real reason why it did… it just… did. Have a lot on my mind and a lot to figure out in regards to my future and my family. Nothing depressing… just gotta find my path… which is easier said than done. I feel like I am becoming unplugged to fashion which is my only release. Fashion keeps me from going postal and killing everyone and lately… I feel disconnected. I feel like I am not wowing anyone… least of all myself. And if I can’t wear it or combine outfits in style… I bore myself… and I don’t want to bore you either… anyway… I wish I could make fashion my career… but I don’t see a way to include that in my plan without spending a great deal of time away from my children. And that… is NOT an option. Well, that is life as a parent and wife… Compromise. I wish I could be like those people you hear about on T.V. who quit their jobs as lawyers and open a restaurant or catering business. That unfortunately requires money… money that I don’t have… so… eh…

Ok… onto to the fun stuff… FASHION!!! I know I always ask a question… but right now… I got nothing… so feel free to say or ask anything in the comments you would like me to answer.

IMG_0235IMG_0240IMG_0243IMG_0245IMG_0251IMG_0264IMG_0261IMG_0265IMG_0267IMG_0273

What I’m Wearing Today:
Dress: Asos Curve
Jacket: Torrid
Shoes: ShoeDazzle
Bracelet: Dots
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Sunglasses: Wal-mart

10 comments:

Julia Smith said...

Girl, I have to admit I have been a little bored by my own outfits as well.  I am loving this on you!  It came together beautifully!

Erin_PlusSizedPretty said...

Love that dress! The yellow skirt is so lovely. And those shoes are to die for.
Sorry you're going through a funk. I can relate.

Anjol35 said...

been feeling the same way here lately about fashion and my life in general. but i am taking a moment to fast and seek what God wants from me and with that I am hoping for a re-charge in every area of my life. keep seeking and be blessed!

Dominique Dinsmore said...

I've been feeling the same way about my outfits lately too. I'm getting so bored with my plain Jane look. I'm slowly breaking out of my shell and I'm trying to challenge myself fashionally by wearing things that I wouldn't otherwise. I am oh so addicted to fashion , especially shoes & accessories. I sometimes find myself hyperventilating while shopping (especially when I find a good deal- I know I have a serious problem). So I understand what you mean about LOVING fashion and wanting to pursue a career in the industry but not having the time. This type of industry requires a lot of time, commitment, and patience. And a great support system. 

You look nice! Yellow looks good on you. I feel you on the hair thing. I change my hair a lot too.

xoxo
Nique

http://chubbydivaonadime.blogspot.com

Ashley Barrett said...

I love this look! Very 50's inspired with an edge!  The yellow is gorgeous on you! 
I know what you mean about feeling a disconnect between your life and clothes. It's these transitional phases I think. When you're leaving behind an old part of you and becoming something new. You have to re-figure out how to dress the new you. I think what is most important is to focus on fully becoming that new you and letting your clothing shape around that. It might be slow and frustrating, but in the end it will be organic and essentially you. Which is of course the whole point! Good luck with all the things on your plate right now! 

Alissa Wilson said...

Ver cute look. Loving the shoes

Inez|Style Chic 360 said...

I love this outfit. Those shoes are so cute
You are making me wish I got that dress!

MYRTLE said...

great job with the new hairstyle.  i like it!

tinaw4082 said...

OMG! A++++ On everything, LOL...

SARAH AKA XXL said...

ouhhhhhhhhh la la ...HOT HOT HOT

Related Posts with Thumbnails