Tuesday, August 23, 2011

DOTD: Shake Rattle & Roll

Today… DC had an earthquake. My first earthquake… and I have to admit to you… my readers… I was a straight punk. I started panicking like a crazy person. My boss (Pecana) had to tell me to calm down but that didn’t work that well because then I couldn’t get in contact with anyone in my family. The entire office made fun of me later. I have to admit… I wasn’t that tough during the situation…. eh… I was a girl (a big newborn baby girl… but a girl nonetheless). But I can now cross off “earthquake” off my bucket list. lmao.

Today was also the first day of school (an earthquake in itself) and I was estatic. They have been in my house all summer during the day eating me out of house and home and now they are going to school and doing something other than making me insane. I always say I’m happy when they go to school… but this year was by far the happiest of all the years. My baby girl also will begin full day kindergarten which is also awesome. Tomorrow I have tons of errands to run and I’m happy for that too. Because for the first time… I am organized for the school year. I have my calendar color coordinated (also the idea of Pecana) and I have a shopping and to do list app that is amazing. I’m proud of myself…

Anyway… this outfit was fun to wear… I felt like my old self in this outfit. Confident and sexy. Not that this was a super sexy outfit… I can’t even tell you why I loved this so much… It probably had everything to do with the top… but who knows. Today was a good day. I also think my blog will slowly be going back to its former fashion glory (but don’t hold me to that in case I get lazy)… but I need your help. I have to do a post with movies and/or television as the theme… what would you like to see me reduplicate (yes… that is my word… I made it up… copyright pending… lmao)? You know I can’t afford anything new… so please make the pieces workable around what I already own. I am thinking Clueless, Devil Wears Prada, and Drop Dead Diva… what do you think?

Outfit Breakdown:
Diamond Diva Top: City Chic
Purple Skinnies: shesgotcurves
Shoes: Eva & Zoe (Off Broadway Shoes)
Earrings: Beauty Supply

IMG_0001IMG_0003IMG_0085IMG_0089IMG_0086IMG_0092IMG_0094IMG_0095IMG_0097IMG_0099IMG_0102IMG_0104

11 comments:

MyLoversWife said...

Cute! I really like the top. BTW we felt the earthquake here in Ohio.

Beatrice said...

At least you looked stylish though the whole thing. It's ok to freak out, earthquakes can be scary.  I've been through a few and they still scare me a bit. Was there any damage in your part of the world? Hampton Roads shook a bit too.

Nekiah said...

So glad that you and your loved ones are all ok! That had to be very scary! Your pants and shoes are to die for honey! You look fabulous! You speak Spanish? Kiah

Kenyetta said...

devil wears prada would be fun!

Lexy_BeautyFash said...

AMEN to back to school! I am ready for some normalcy and a schedule in my house! Cute skinnies and I say Devil Wears Prada (my favorite movie).. especially now that all the fun and structured pieces for fall are coming out.

K♥urtmichele said...

I'm glad you and family were ok!  I love those pants; super cute!  I would definitely like to see you replicate The Devil Wears Prada. I guess I'm a little biased, considering that's my favorite movie! Lol

Imjustmefashionblog said...

love the pants great look!!
thnx 4 the comment
http://imjustmefashionblog.blogspot.com :)

tinaw4082 said...

cUTE! lOVE TO See it with a blacdk top too! Something flowing and long on the side?! ;)

YAQUEEN14 said...

Oooooh, I vote for Devil Wears Prada too!  Meryl Streep's clothes in that move were AMAZING! 

Mia Newman said...

They say you could feel the quake in Michigan...but I didn't feel a thing...and I'm glad, I would have freaked out and ran through the halls in my building banging on people's doors...I don't know why, it just seemed like the right thing to do.  Guess we are both newborns...anyway, I love this whole outfil, purple is always WINNING!  How about Sex and The City??

Emma Louise Hobson said...

If its not a super sexy outfit, then how come you look so GOOD??

Related Posts with Thumbnails