Saturday, October 08, 2011

ShoeDay Saturday: Back to my old tricks…

I realize that blogging is easy if you keep to your old routine. And since I love shoes and loved doing these shoe posts on Saturdays… I knew that if I resumed them that I would probably feel like my old blogging self. And I have to admit… it’s working so far. So this week I went to Alloy looking for pants and I found a pair of shoes (that are unfortunately not in my size) that made me want to look around a bit more. So I figure I would post what I loved whether or not they came in an 11 or not… because not all my readers wear an 11. And maybe one of you can buy them and I can live through your shoe purchase.

Elodi Lace Stiletto – $36.90
~ this shoe is like my dream shoe. Leopard & lace?!!! I would totally wear the heck out of this shoe. Why don’t they make this in an 11?!!! ~

Pulse Wedge – $36.90
~ I am desperate for a pair of everyday black wedges. But I can’t seem to find any that go up to an 11 that won’t break the bank. But wouldn’t the black & purple pair just be awesome? ~

Bella Bootie – $44.90
~ I need a pair of gray leopard booties in my life… just because ~

Grapevine Wedge – $36.90
~ I think these are adorable… I love these ~

5 comments:

Beatrice said...

All of those shoes are adorable. I wish I could survive a day in sky high heels. At least the grapevine wedge looks like I could wear it all day... off to alloy!

Ms. Basil E. Frankweiler said...

Try these. I have them (and wear and 11) and they are soooo comfortable. I want to get one (or more) backup pairs for when I wear this pair out! ;-D http://www.target.com/p/Women-s-Mossimo-Supply-Co-Wanda-Wedges-Black/-/A-13422803

Teresa Olson said...

QueenDiva, I have been meaning to write this post for a very long time now, ever since you did a post about people in your life putting you down for keeping this blog and making you feel vain and bad about it. Ever since I read that post you have been in my prayers a lot because QueenDiva people, the world, and I need blogs like this so much. It may seem to some like this is something trivial because it is about fashion but it goes so much more deeper than that. We need blogs like this because it is one ripple pushing against a sea of hatred towards people who don't fit the stereotypical idea of beauty.

So I need to thank you, you don't know the good you have done for me and I am sure a lot of others by keeping this blog going. For my whole life I have struggled with feeling worthless and completely ugly because of the fact that I am fat. Till not that long ago, the only pictures I would ever see of people who look like me, were ones ridiculing them and telling people how awful it was to look at them. Seeing blogs and bloggers like you have made me begin to see myself in a whole different light. I am starting to see glimpses of beauty in myself and because of your blog I have learned that it is ok and actually pretty darn awesome to find and rock your personal style.

I used to think it didn't matter what I wore, cause nothing could make me pretty, I would never be acceptable and so I would put on whatever fit and could hopefully make me more acceptable to society. I see your outfits and think WOW that looks great on her, I love how that looks, and I have started to take joy in myself and how I look because I realized that I really can be beautiful. It is refreshing to see a whole new angle on beauty and fashion, an angle that I can fit into and take part in.

Everytime you post a picture of you rocking your style it shows your readers and the world that beauty doesn't reside in a certain size, and helps to give people like me confidence that we never had before. Now instead of always reaching for the baggy stuff that will hopefully hide me, I am more likely to put on something mroe form fitting and stylish. I get to explore what my style truly is because I don't always have to think about what will camouflage the "flaws" but rather what will make me feel beautiful. Then I can put that on and walk out with my head held high knowing that I look good and if anyone disagrees, well they just don't matter!  People may think that blogs like this are foolish or vain, but people like me need to see more images like the ones here, so we can counteract all the hateful messages we see everywhere else.

So thank you for keeping this blog going!

Ylenia said...

I love these shoes but I do not wear stilettos, I do not feel comfortable (maybe because of my weight)

Love, Ylenia | Longuette

Plussize Brittany said...

OMG I GOT SO HAPPY WHEN I SAW THESE SHOES THAN I GOT VERY SAD WHEN YOU SAID NO SIZE 11 LOL MAN OH MAN THATS MESSED UP.

http://plussizebrittany.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails