Monday, October 31, 2011

DOTD: Pretty in Pink

First let me begin by saying I don’t celebrate Halloween… I am a Christian and have not celebrated since I was a teenager. I think that everyone tries to make reasons why it’s okay to celebrate as a Christian but my believes are my believes. I will not change my ideals so that I can participate in a day that doesn’t appeal to me. But I will celebrate today as the day that I met my husband… and although my intentions was to never see him again… I’m glad that God had another plan.

As for fashion inspiration… today is the final day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and that seems like a great day to wear pink. So to create my Divalook of the day (DOTD) I pulled out my favorite pink top from ASOS Curve and put it with my “fairly” new skirt from Lane Bryant. Now I don’t usually go into Lane Bryant and see anything that I desperately need to have… but this skirt… I think I actually squealed when I saw this skirt (black and gray leopard print… how could I NOT squeal). Doesn’t hurt that I bought it from my favorite sales people at the Arundel Mills Lane Bryant… S/O to Danielle & Sandra!!!

So I heard twice today that I was pretty in pink… and I thought… perfect title for todays post (s/o to jefa & work wifey)… All in all today was a great day. I learned something about myself today that I allow people to get into my head when they don’t deserve a place there. I am going to make it my mission to not allow the nonsense that people say get to me… because at the end of the day… I am awesome (and if I say it enough… its true… lol)… and although words hurt… they hurt more when you allow them to penetrate… here’s to stopping penetration… (that sounds dirty… but it’s totally not on purpose… lol)

I am about to go to my 2nd job of the evening… so I thought I would post these pics quickly while I had a chance… I apologize for the quality… hubby allowed the autofocus to  make me blurry… and I didn’t have the heart to repose…. Do you celebrate Halloween (or Hallows Eve)? If not, do you have difficulty explaining to others why you don’t partake in the festivities? If you do, what was your costume today or the costume of your child? Also, as this is the last day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month… have you checked for any lumps, knots, or swelling?

IMG_0026IMG_0024IMG_0023IMG_0029IMG_0025IMG_0027

What I Wore Today:
Pink Top: ASOS Curve
Leopard Print Skirt: Lane Bryant
Tights: Assets by Spanx (Target)
Fur Trimmed Booties: Bakers Shoes
Earrings: beauty supply

6 comments:

Jolene said...

I adore your skirt!! I don't think I have an animal print skirt yet, going to have to do something about that! I think I have an animal print in everything else.

We celebrate Halloween, it's one of hubby's favorite days of the year(so much so that he calls it by the proper name, Samhain and can tell anyone the details of the origins of it and everything LOL). I haven't dressed up in many years, I enjoy it for the kids. I love taking the kids trick or treating and I like watching the pleasure my hubby takes in decorating for Halloween. My oldest is not going to trick or treat this year, he's 13 and we feel that trick or treating is for kids, not teenagers so we have always let them know that once they turn 13 no more trick or treating, they leave it for the little kids. He's still going to go with us to take my youngest out and he's going to wear a Scream Mask. My youngest(11) wanted to be a Zombie(even though he's terrified of Zombie movies and got mad at us for watching too many this weekend LOL). Hubby is just finishing up with him now so we can take them out soon, kids are just starting to come to the door now. He looks really good!

I painted my boys nails black hehe! Of course it goes with the Zombie look but he's not really liking his nails being painted....I however squealed with delight when hubby asked me if I had any black nail polish LOL! As you can imagine with a house full of males I never get to to such a thing lol!

I hope whatever you do with your evening it's a great one! We're going to go get our kids(and ourselves!) on a sugar high! LOL!

iVeronique said...

Need that Skirt Missy!
Looking Fly as usual!!

#carryon

Gabriella Cozza said...

You're definitely pretty in pink (my favorite color!), great outfit!  That skirt is awesome, loving the leopard print!  Adorable booties too!  I celebrate Halloween, though I don't really dress up anymore.  I love seeing all my nieces/nephew and little cousins dress up.  This year I walked around with them while they went trick or treating, they were so cute! :)

Principessa Gabriella 

The Notorious ZAG said...

divaaaaahhh!! That color pops right off of you. I love it! Your nod to breast cancer awareness is so pretty.
Now, as far as halloween goes... i don't "celebrate" it, per se... and I'm not Christian or religious at all. Its just a silly reason to get money, and I'm not going there. I purchase masks and toys throughout the year for my boy to play pretend, so doing it for one day does not really appeal. And he thinks strangers will give him pills and crack, lmao (idk where he got this from, but I'm glad he feels this way). On top of all that, we go and get the clearance halloween candy the next day... its always at least 50% off!

Rebequita Rose said...

Oooh! I love that top! 

Tee Mac said...

Skirt and booties are FAB. U. LOUS.! lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails