Saturday, October 22, 2011

DOTD: Purple Leopards are Extinct

I actually wore this outfit on Thursday but it was such a horrific day that I just didn’t have it in me to post it. I loved the outfit for 2 reason 1) the skirt because it was my birthday skirt that is leopard with purple and fuschia (my 2 favorites colors) & 2) Because of the purple booties I received from my blogger bestie Amanda (of Necessary Imperfections blog). She sent me these purple booties knowing that I would get much use out of them with my love for purple. I had forgotten I had them because it was summer and let’s be honest to hot to wear booties… but then while doing laudry and a closet overhaul… the outfit you see below came to mind and I like how it came together. Not to mention… it was super comfortable.

Now as each day passes I try to become a better and better blogger and I think I’ve found my stride with the outfit posts… now to find my place with the rest of it. So I have to get back in order with my other posts…. so going forward I will do Diva Spotlight posts on Wednesdays… That way I can ensure that they are done each week (if I have a willing participant). I don’t want this blog to be all about me. In the coming weeks… I also plan on changing my background because… well those pictures are 100% me anymore. I was so different this spring in summer with my hair and weight yoyo-ing… so I want to depict the many faces of… well… ME!!

So how are things with you? Do you blog? If so, what do you think sets you apart from other bloggers?

IMG_0059IMG_0042IMG_0043IMG_0046

What I Am Wearing:
Black Top: Wal-mart
Purple Leopard Skirt: Wet Seal
Tights: Silkies
Purple Booties: Torrid (gifted from Amanda)
Earrings: beauty supply
Necklace: Dots
Bangles: Lane Bryant/Ashley Stewart

8 comments:

Amanda Hudgins said...

:) The booties look so cute on you!

Shanticka Buchanan said...

Let me start by saying, that skirt is super cute!! Yes, I blog. I'm a newbie. I'm still trying to find my place in the blogging world. I'm not sure that I have anything that sets me apart just yet. I'm working on it though ;)  I haven't blogged in a few days because its been getting dark so soon now. Ugh!  Stop on by, and Any pointers/tips are welcomed!! 

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

The Notorious ZAG said...

You look amazing, the slimness of the skirt and the blousiness of the top are the perfect combination. The booties remind me of Purple Rain, and they look super comfortable on top of that. Fabulous! And I do blog, and I just do whatever comes to mind and hope that someone reads it and has something to say! If not that's cool, but I would like to find my footing and get some organization. Maybe we can start a club or something... maybe pick one day where participants blog about the same thing? And give it a cute name!

kt36603 said...

i knew i recognized those booties from good ol torrid! i just started my blog and its becoming addictive lol, my mind is consumed with many outfits and pics to post.  come on over and take a peek www.kellymonroe@blogspot.com

Brookescloset said...

U know I love those purple booties...Walmart for that top! Hmmm I keep sleeping on them.
Ya look gr8!

Inez said...

Love those shoes! You look great that skirt is a keeper

QueenDiva said...

Thank you so much!!

QueenDiva said...

I am so with that!!! You're so creative... what would you call it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails