Friday, December 09, 2011

DOTD: Not Feeling So Diva… Currently

Hola Divas…
Well I haven’t posted anything on my blog since my post on Dec 1st. So let me tell you what has happened over the last week….

Last Friday: I came home from work nauseous and completely sick. I thought that since my children had been sick during the week that I had not been so lucky at avoiding it. I went to bed hoping it would be a 24 hour bug as it had been with everyone else….

Saturday: It starts to look like I am seriously sick as the pain has gotten worse and I can’t eat anything without getting really sick. I only left my bed for a few moments to go to my part-time and to quickly return to my bed.

Sunday: Did not get out of bed all day and hubby left me to sleep because I am so sick at this point I barely sleep… it is at that moment that I realize that is most likely NOT a stomach virus. As any movement at all makes me cry out in agony. Hubby tries to get me to go to the emergency room but I tell him I’m fine (when I’m clearly not).

Monday: I don’t go to work because I can’t move… still. Hubby FORCES me to go to the ER. I oblige as I feel as though I’m dying. While in emergency they check for pregnancy, appendicitis, and who knows what else. Turns out I have ovarian cysts. I am sorry if that grosses anyone out… but as I had cervical cancer a few years ago… I am scared of anything that has to do with my “lady parts”… lol. They tell me that the cysts should shrink on their own and that the pain should go away in a few days. If not, I have to go see my doctor to ensure that the cysts are not tumors. Yep… we’re back to that again…. ugh!!!!

Tuesday: I went to work… pain and all… Kinda foggy as I was medicated.

Wednesday: Work again and then the most horrific thing happens… my husband comes home to find my 15yr old having sex in my living room when he is supposed to be at school. We flipped out… and kicked him out to go live with his grandparents. I can’t… my health is fragile and he is doing everything in his power to make me lose my sanity. My mom makes it seem like its all my fault and that he needs attention. Attention?!! I’m working 2 jobs (one of which is cleaning up after grown a$$ folks who act as though I’m their maid and not just the lady who mops and empties the trash) just so I can buy a house in the next six months. But I should give that all up so he can get “attention”. As someone who was an honor roll student and literally was spoiled my entire teenage years and got all the “attention” I could stand (I was even in the newspaper for tutoring failing seniors while in the 9th grade)… I have no idea why he should get attention for all this negative behavior. Also, on my way home in a downpour of tornado proportions… I get a flat tire. Seriously… I damn near snapped.

Thursday: Woke up to excruciating pain and a swollen stomach… finding that stress is not allowing this to go away as quickly as the doctor had indicated. Got my tired “plugged” before work. Went to work while trying not to think about the stress my son is putting me under.

Friday (today): *le sigh* Just happy to see it is Friday and know that I can get some rest tomorrow and Sunday.

Some week…huh? The outfit you see below I wore yesterday. I had every intention of putting on makeup… never happened. I do regret that I wore leggings as it was the coldest day of the season thus far… even with tights under the leggings… I felt naked. So do you think this is TMI for my blog? Would you prefer I only talk shoes, makeup, & clothes? Have you had any health issues lately? If so, how are you dealing? Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

IMG_0037IMG_0026IMG_0027IMG_0028IMG_0033IMG_0034

What I Wore While Not Feeling Quite Myself:
Black Cami & Leggings: Forever21+
Black Tights: Assets by Spanx (Target)
Teal Sweater: Newport-News
Teal Leopard Scarf: Came with a shirt from Wal-Mart
Booties: Bakers Shoes
Bracelets: Lane Bryant/ and a bday gift
Earrings: beauty supply

19 comments:

digal704 said...

My God you are going through it! I pray it all gets better soon!

Shanticka Buchanan said...

It will all get better. Trust that God has your back. 

OAN: Love the booties and scarf! 

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

gen321 said...

GIRL!!!! WHEW!! You have had a time!  First, I love the booties!  Second, this is your blog and if anyone feels/felt that it's TMI, they have options.  Someone may need to know that they are not the only ones going through stressful times. Third, take care of your body and never ignore serious pain and discomfort.  Your family needs you.  Fourth, sounds like your son is not unlike alot of other 15yr. old boys, so my advice (if you want it) is take this time that he is away to think about what you want him to know & understand about his recent behaviors and then invite him to a meal and talk about it.  Lastly, I hope you get your house but don't work so hard that you won't be able to enjoy it cause you done drove yourself crazy working to get it! LOL!

PCFashionista said...

Girl! i am praying for you... 

Beatrice said...

Wow, that is a lot to handle in one week. I really hope that you start to feel better quickly. Lots of hugs for you.

GFS said...

First of all, I'm sorry you have been feeling so bad. I'm glad your hubby forced you to go the ER! And ohhhmyyygawww at your 15 year old getting busy at your house!! I gasped and immediately came to comment...now I gotta finish reading this post to see what happened! LOL

GFS said...

Ok...finished reading! I can not even imagine catching my kid getting busy on the couch!  I'm so sorry your week was so bad. I applaud you for even caring enough to take outfit pics:)

Citypoodle said...

I don't think I could handle all of those things at once!  Sorry things are so bad right now and sincerely hope they get better.  I didn't expect outfit pics here, but since you posted - love the booties - you have the best shoes.

Jolene said...

What an awful week alright! I sure hope you feel better soon, you are a brave one to be going to work still in that kind of pain. Don't stress yourself out too much with these jobs, it's not good for your health. I understand wanting to buy a house(trust me, it's been 11 years since we've been able to own), but it's not worth the stress and poor health. Maybe bump the time a bit.

Hearing about your son has definitely scared me! Yikes, I don't ever want to find that! Bad enough some of the things I've already found and mine is only just turning 14 next month.

Take care of yourself, you've had a rough year it seems.

Bianca said...

GO see another Doctor, if you can. 
 My sister just ended up having emergency surgery on her cysts about 2 weeks ago, bc her doctor told her to wait out the pain. 

theplussideofme said...

Wow! I'm so, so sorry that you have been in so much pain! My sister has issues with ovarian cysts, and I know they are excruciatingly painful for her. I hope you start feeling better really soon! I hope the issues with your son get resolved soon too. I can only imagine that it's a hard thing to handle while you're working so hard to provide for your family. Hugs to you for being so resilient! (And somehow managing to look really cute through the whole thing!)

Ladyofashion said...

Saying a prayer for you doll1. So sorry you had a rough week, seems like many of us had a difficult one, me included. I hope this week brings you much joy and peace. -xo

QueenDiva said...

Thanks so much love!!!

QueenDiva said...

This was good advise... and my son and I did have a long talk... I look forward to the future... :)

QueenDiva said...

Thanks for the hugs... I appreciate it :)

QueenDiva said...

First... I gasped when I saw you had commented... I am like IN LOVE with your blog... Second... ugh... that boy is grounded until infinity... and thanks for the concern... I am finally feeling much better.

QueenDiva said...

yeah I barely handled it... I wasn't going to do an outfit post... but I have to be honest the above outfit is like wearing pajamas... with heels of course... lol

QueenDiva said...

Thanks for the advice seeking a second opinion now...

QueenDiva said...

Sorry you have had a rough week too... I'm going to swing by your blog and check what's been going on... Did you post your troubles?

Related Posts with Thumbnails