Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DOTD: Stepping On Clouds Heading Towards Sunshine

Hola Divas…
Okay… today is awesome… I took my son to meet the principal and staff of his new “alternative” school. He was fighting me 100% but after sitting there and discussing the school with the staff like an adult… he seems excited to be embarking on this new future. I love my son… but lately… it’s been touch and go on how I was going to make it through this. Now… I know we can. He even wants to take some photography classes so that we can make my blog “our” project. Something we can do together…

So after the meeting with the school we went to this old abandoned hospital in Annapolis and took pictures. Those pictures are what you see below. They aren’t the best but I’m proud of him and how hard he worked to get them right. Also, he even came up with some poses he wanted me to try. All in all… I think he will be my full time photographer going forward. I really enjoyed the time with him.

As for the outfit… I FINALLY figured out a way to wear these shoes and this scarf together in a way that I like. If you recall the last time I wore it HERE… I wasn’t so pleased… Today however… LOVE IT!!! What do you think?

As for conversation… Who is your photographer? Do you have a tripod? If you had a choice, would you choose tripod or person? What do you think of pictures my son took? Can you tell I’m feeling a bit better? Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

IMG_0027IMG_0021IMG_0018IMG_0029IMG_0023IMG_0024IMG_0025IMG_0028

What I Wore To Change My Son’s Life:
Black Cami: Forever21+ 
Scarf: Five Below
Jeans: Wal-mart
Gray Blazer: Curve Appeal Consignment (via Old Navy)
Pink Stilettos: Shoedazzle 
Bangles: Lane Bryant
Earrings: beauty supply
Ring: flea market

Here is a picture of my photographer:

IMG_0017

Isn’t he handsome?

9 comments:

Kelleashia Tyus said...

aww i almost cried reading this im so happy yall are finding a medium! I think its a great idea to enlist him as your photographer too!
kellymonroe.blogspot.com

Isabelle Mathurin said...

ur son is such a cutie pie! i love ur shoes! r they comfortable?

Justine said...

Love this outfit! You look so happy too!

Glad to hear things are going better! And I think it's a great idea to share the photographing with your son!!!

I mostly use a tripod. In fact probably 95% of the time! This is also because I take my pictures right when I get home from work and my hubby isn't home for another 2 hours usually!

- Justine

Shanticka Buchanan said...

You did great combining the shoes and scarf. Very cute. It's good to hear that you and your son are spending time together. 

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

digal704 said...

You look so nice! Your son is handsome. I pray things keep going well. I went through it with my middle daughter. She finally got it together and at 22 self sufficient in every sense of the word.

Jolene said...

I absolutely love the outfit!!

So glad you're feeling better and things are heading in a better direction with your son.

I usually get my hubby to take my pics, but my 11 year old has done a couple too. I haven't done any with the tripod, I figure there's always someone around who can take a pic for me. My problem is remembering to take a picture before we go out.

Shasie said...

yay for your son embracing the change. That's very adult of him! Love your look, cute blazer!


Shasie of Live
Life in Style

Like My Look here
on facebook
to vote for me in Blogger Mannequin Style Off Competition

Gabriella Cozza said...

Aww, that's so sweet that your son wants to help you with your blog and take your pictures! Good for him, hope everything goes well with the new school.  Glad to hear you're feeling better too!  I take all my own pictures for my blog with a tripod, it's easier and less awkward for me than to have someone else do it.  Nice outfit, love the shoes as usual! :)

Principessa Gabriella 

E. Louise said...

Love those pink stilletto's... WERK BOO!!!

www.shapelylouise.com
-E. Louise

Related Posts with Thumbnails