Friday, February 18, 2011

Friend Friday: Loving my body!!

sexy size age

I have been out of the blogger communication world for so long that I feel like I’ve lost touch with all my friends in the community. But this morning I moseyed on over to Fierce Beauty and Fashion a new blog I recently found and immediately fell in love with and she was doing something called Friend Friday. I’ve seen it around the blogosphere before but I feel that in recent days of me not doing much on my blog (except showing more pics of my ugly mug… seriously… I’m tired of my own dang on face)… I felt this was just the time to start letting people in a bit. By showing them a window into blogger that is ME!!

1. Since you started blogging has your image of yourself changed? Yes. I think previously my image of myself was that I looked fabulous everyday. But the wonderful thing about a camera is that is doesn’t lie. I look back over some of the outfits I wore thinking I was all kind of wonderful… they were… not. Now I try harder when I put my outfits together. Because I want my readers to see I care enough to look my best. Or to be creative enough to inspire others. So yes it has changed… I think now I’m less vain. Which would seem crazy as I take so many pictures of myself. But now I see flaws where before I thought I had none. I think I am a better person after my blog.

2. Are you self-conscious about any aspect of yourself? If so, do you go out of your way to avoid it or do you post it/talk about it anyway? I am no longer self conscious. I am putting myself on the world wide web for everyone to see. I do makeup tutorials that don’t always turn out well. And I do outfits that don’t always get “nice” comments. So I am not self conscious about anything that has to do with my body. But am self conscious of some of my outfits and how they will be received by my readers. I still don’t miss patterns because of fear. I also never discuss the fact that I wear a wig. There are parts of me I hold back because of how I feel people will react. But as time goes on… I think I will use my fear to help someone else you may be experiencing the same fear.

3. Based on how you are feeling now, what do you think the future holds in the evolution of your body image? I think that at some point… my blog and other bloggers like will not only improve my body image. But the body image of the masses and stop teen girls from starving themselves or eating their feelings. Will let everyone know they have the right and the ability to feel beautiful…

4. Do you photograph yourself for your blog? If so, how do you feel about the experience when you’re having your picture taken? I usually take my own pictures. If I don’t take my picture… then hubby is the one who does it. I think that when I or hubby take my picture the pictures are beautiful. I am, however, very critical of pictures taken by others. I always see every flaw… hubby says I’m crazy and I’m certain he’s right. But when hubby takes my picture… I feel the best. I think you can see it on my face. I feel sexiest when I know his eyes are behind the lens.

5. What would you want every person who struggles with body image to take to heart? Realize that no one is perfect. That anyone who is looking at you and telling you to change… is probably jealous that you have something that they don’t. We are never happy. And we have a way of coveting what others have or are. Just focus on being happy in the skin you’re in and you will be surprised how much difference that will make in your life. The person I am today is not the person I was 10 years ago. And I am glad because I can show my daughters how they can love themselves… no matter what number is on the inside of their jeans on the label.

I like this feature… If you want to jump on this bandwagon… sign up at Modly Chic. You will find out a lot about the blogger you follow and see on the web. Maybe you will find you have something more in common than you think Winking smile

Related Posts with Thumbnails