Thursday, February 24, 2011

DOTD: Green Pin Up

A few months ago, my hubby picked out a pair of shoes. The moment he saw them, he said… you have to have those. At first I was like… eh!! But the more I looked at them… the more I saw what they could do to my wardrobe… case in point… today’s outfit…

I’ve had this dress FOREVER!! and I’ve never worn it. Or if I did, it was only once… but with these shoes… this dress has now moved up the ranks in my closet…

These shoes are a conversation starter… I had this wonderful older woman tell me about her fabulous shoes of the 40s or 50s that my shoes reminded her of… I can only imagine… the shoes back then… SWOON!!!

Anyway… I got many compliments today… these pictures do nothing for the outfit… I’m not pleased with any of the shots… but I love these shoes… and they needed a spotlight in which to shine…

What do you think? Do you have something in your closet that you didn’t pick out but love? If so, what is it?

Outfit Breakdown:

Blazer: Mom’s closet

Dress: Wal-Mart

Tights: Silkies

Shoes: ebay

Earrings: Burlington Coat Factory

 

IMG_0114IMG_0133IMG_0109IMG_0134IMG_0111IMG_0164

IMG_0076IMG_0080IMG_0092

Related Posts with Thumbnails