Tuesday, February 01, 2011

January tried to beat me... but I won!!

I am so sorry to all my readers. I haven’t been all that consistent this past month. So I thought that since so many of you enjoy my honesty… I would be honest with what has happened in my life.

So the beginning of the year/month you may recall… life was just generally kicking my arse. Well, the month decided to really take it the extra mile. First while trying to deal with the loss of my daycare provider, my sanity, my stalker, and my marriage problems… I forged ahead and tried to remain positive. Then… the past 3 weeks… this is what I faced…



First, I was told that the company I was managing a project for was having money issues. So they closed my project and all my team members and I lost our jobs. But as I still tried to remain positive the following Friday… my husband got pulled over on his way home from work.

Here is the back information why that one incident was so detriment to us. As you know I was unemployed for 8 months. So we had to get to the bare bones of our bills and only pay for what we could afford. In the state of Maryland you have to have insurance on your vehicle at all times. Well, we couldn’t afford it, so we let it lapse.  Well, upon doing that the DMV instantly submitted our tags for suspension. Which I wasn’t terribly worried about because we planned on fixing the issue with our tax money. We just had to make it to February. Well, when hubby got pulled over (for no other reason than driving while Hispanic) they pulled his tags and tried to tow his truck to a lot. But thank God my hubby was able to convince them to let the tow guy tow it to our home because we could NOT afford to fix the tags and pay a $25 a day lot fee. Let’s just say that after all of that I was an emotional wreck… I cried… let it out… then I tilted back my shoulders, lifted my head and continued to forge ahead. Only this time, hubby and I did it as a team. I was unemployed so I was home all day, and because I was a women who generally looks like a soccer mom when I drive to work, cops ignore me. So I knew that the only way not to have the plates taken off my truck was for me to drive him to work and to his estimates… EVERYDAY!! So that is what we did. I got up every day at 5:30am with hubby, drove him to work I then drove back home dealt with the kids being home from snow days and at 3:30 in the afternoon I would pick him up and drive him home or to estimates (depending on the day). If anything needed to be done… I had to drive us there. It may not seem like much… but driving is exhausting. I felt like I was going to pass out every time I got behind the wheel of that car. But the time I spent in the car with hubby really strengthened us as a couple. We knew that things were going to get worse before they got better but we started to smile and get excited when we saw that his home improvement business started picking up. We got a couple big time jobs with promises of more to come later. We were so stoked. Not to mention I may have a job soon so we were very excited.  Then…

Friday night (yes… all the bad things we experience keep happening on Fridays) we come home from the driving experience again to find... EVICTION PAPERS!!! Now I don’t know about you, but at that time… I told my husband… I couldn’t do it anymore. All the stress was killing me. I started having chest pains and crying uncontrollably. Not a heart attack, but a full on panic attack. The next day as you may have guessed was really bad… I drove hubby to work in silence. He tried to talk to me, but I just couldn’t.  After I had dropped him off, I cried the whole way home. I listened to gospel  to restore my faith and believe that all this bad would be for some good. Only one person knew what I was going through. She is also a blogger, but she was my strength. She kept texting me and calling me to ensure I was okay (even though I didn’t answer, knowing she was thinking of me got me through the day).  Before I dropped off hubby, he turned to me and said… “when you pick me up. You better be dressed, showered, and made-up. I want my pretty wife to pick me up.” All day I tried to muster up enough strength to do it. Shower, dress, and be the wife he was asking me to be… but I couldn’t. Then an hour before I was to leave to pick him up, I did it. I realized… nothing could be done until Monday. So worrying wasn’t going to get me anything but an ulcer. So I went to pick up hubby at his cousin’s home because they had worked together that day. Also, cuz Enio has a new baby that I had been too sick to visit (actually I was sick, then hubby, then kids, then me again lol). When I walked in all made up and “pretty” hubby’s face lit up. And you know what. I fell a little bit more in love with that man right then. He took me to dinner (con Margaritas!!) but before we went into the restaurant I called Manda and told her not to worry, I was feeling better.



On the drive home, we decided we would go to church on Sunday. We did. Best thing we could have done as a family. We went to lunch/dinner (lunner??) so that we could do something as a family before I drove hubby to his estimate. I was dressed really cute… but I didn’t want to take a picture of me and have the attention of the day go from my family back to me. So no OOTD post…

Now the reason I am able to write this post without losing my mind is this… Yesterday we accomplished some fabulous things…

1.       We talked to the leasing office and found out that the eviction papers were sent to 90% of the community. As a way to get people to come in and to supply any additional information they needed. All they wanted was my son’s and my birth certificate. I think there was another way they could have done it without giving people strokes. I mean… SERIOUSLY!!!

2.       We spent the remainder of the day in the DMV working on getting tags for my husband. We owed them $2000 but we are now on a payment plan… so that is fixed (no more Chauffer Yoli)

3.       And the final thing that has me breathing a sigh of relieve is that we picked up the deposit for a big job hubby’s company is doing and for the first time in a long time… hubby doesn’t look like life is kicking his ass. He is happy… and that in turn makes me happy…

I know this was a long post, but I feel so good getting this out in the open J

How was your January?!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails