Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DOTD: Just A Hint… of Purple

Hola Divas…
Last night I decided it would be best if I figured out what I wanted to wear rather then scramble in the morning and make poor decisions. I guess I now need to remind myself to also include shoes in my outfit choice because this morning I just could not make a decision. I tried and tried and all my black shoes looked the same. I finally had to rely on my daughter, Yaz, to help me pick a shoe to complete my look. I mean can you just imagine me standing over my shoes with a dazed look on my face… yeah… you can imagine it… can’t you?!

Today was almost a #fail because for most of the day I only had on half of my makeup and I forgot my ring so you couldn’t see the purple I tried to incorporate… but now the look is complete in the photos. I put on my makeup during my lunch and I added the ring when I came home to take the photos. If you’re wondering why I even added the purple at all… it’s because so many of us divas wear red/white/black… I felt like adding the purple would kick it up a notch. I really like this skirt… it really made me feel all sucked in… I also have it in black and can’t wait to wear that one soon with a review item I recently received for the holiday season.

Well… I have to get to my part-time… so I guess I have to end it here… What did you wear today? Do you sometimes feel like you are constantly repeating the same looks? I do… What do you do to spruce yourself up to the next level?


IMG_0079IMG_0081IMG_0082IMG_0084IMG_0085IMG_0086IMG_0087IMG_0088

What I Wore Today:
Black Cami: Forever21+
Flower Blazer: Curve Appeal Consignment
Red Skirt: Wet Seal Plus 
Tights: Assets by Spanx (Target)
Shoes: Shoedazzle
Bangles: Lane Bryant/Ashley Stewart
Ring/Earrings: beauty supply
necklaces: Wal-mart

10 comments:

Shanticka Buchanan said...

The outfit looks nice. Love all of the color. When in doubt... I guess red(or purple) is the way to go. I'll have to remember that.

I had so much trouble adding color to my outfit today. I contribute it to the fact that I don't have more fun shoes (yet **evil grin**). I do feel like I gravitate towards the same things. Button down top, big belt, jeans/slacks. I'm trying to break myself from this pattern, but it's hard. Chile, pray for me! =D
http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

Myderniercri said...

loving the skirt! looking good chica!

Jolene said...

Lovely as always! I like your hair like that too!

I wore yoga pants and a tank top today LOL, sexy huh? Of course I didn't leave the house. I don't usually dress like this when I'm at home all day, even when I don't leave the house I usually like to dress decent at least. Today I woke up groggy because of something I took to sleep last night and dressing up was the last thing on my mind lol.  Tomorrow hubby is off and should be my day to get out for a couple of hours so I can get dressed nice, that will depend on how bad the snowstorm we're supposed to get is though.

I've seen you mention Wet Seal a couple of times, is it a local store to you? I've never heard of it. The skirt is great though! I don't feel comfortable in skirts too short, this one looks like the shortest I would go as long as it's not one of those that slides up....I have a couple of those and they get real annoying LOL....but this skirt looks really comfortable!.

Roni W said...

That blazer is calling my name! I love the skirt, too. I haven't the legs for red, but it's to dieeeee for!

Gabriella Cozza said...

Does Wet Seal carry plus sizes?? Why didn't I know this before? lol, cute skirt, I have a similar one in blue I wore the other day.  When I feel like I'm getting tired of wearing too many similar things, I start looking for pieces I haven't worn in a long time and try to wear them differently...or I steal my mother's clothes! :)

Principessa Gabriella 

QueenDiva said...

Hmmm... never thought about my legs and red before... I just love to wear it so I don't even think about it much before I just push full steam ahead. That blazer was the best consignment I could've found. I've worn it so many ways... and still come up with new ways daily :)

QueenDiva said...

Thanks luv!! BTW... I was on your blog the other day... and seriously dieing of jealousy over your hair and how long it has gotten... Someday I hope to be there!!!

QueenDiva said...

Consider me praying... and if you check my blog in the beginning... I wore the same thing daily with a tweak here and there... 2 years later... I try harder to take risks... some ideas work... some... clearly do not!!! LOL!!!

QueenDiva said...

Wet Seal is similiar to Forever21 but.... i don't know... different... I don't do their tops (cause my boobs aren't made for their clothes) but I like the skirts though. It's an online store... but the skinny side has locations everywhere i think...

QueenDiva said...

Yep... Wet Seal does plus but only online. So I check them often for their skirts because I can't wear their tops. But I love these stretchy body con skirts from them. They tend to have more of them than Forever21+ so I check back often. If you buy from them... let me know what you get...

Related Posts with Thumbnails