Thursday, June 10, 2010

Diva Spotlight: Diva Tootsicle

Since I started doing this feature, it always surprises me the creativity and just sheer pose these divas portray. Today's Diva is no different, as she has been a friend of mine for years. We met via the LJ Fatshionista community, and I love her to pieces. She is so creative and has no fear about what she wears. That in itself makes her a true Diva. To me, she takes more risks than Beth Ditto, but she isn't in a huge band so she does not get as much exposure. That is why I love the "Diva Spotlight", it gives everyone the opportunity to highlight whatever outfit they wish. Again, you can be spotlighted as many times as you like, just send me the pics and the info...

Now its time to shine the spotlight on... Diva Tootsicle


Dress, Self Made (Tootsicle Original)
Shoes, Kenneth Cole Reaction (gifted)
Ring, Torrid
Batwing Jacket, Simply Fashions

This is one of my favorite outfits lately. The entire palette is pastel, which I don't always do. Usually there is some dark element in an outfit (most often just because my shoe choices are limited) but here, the entire thing nudges soft and inviting. The bat wing style jacket is a thin light fabric, so it has a tendency to float around - sometimes exposing some of the crochet sleeve of the dress. The braided white upper of the wedge mimics the sleeves intricate, fussy detail too. I tend to over-accessorize at times and I've found a big , interesting cocktail ring adds the necessary pretties I want when picking jewelry. In my outfits I love detail, sometimes more than the overall silhouette which is the case with this choice.

This outfit is a favorite because the shoes are comfortable, the fabric patterns & weight are cheery and feminine, I feel that I still look put together even if I ditch the jacket -- and of course, I like to show my legs.


Isn't she lovely?!! Show her love in the comments...

~besitos~
QueenDiva

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving that name! I was just about to ask where she got the dress from when I saw that she made it!

Anonymous said...

Tootsicle is looking divine! I love the vintage feel of the outfit and the dress is really cute. Love the bangs too; very retro.

Courtney said...

I LOVE Tootsicle! I get super giddy every time I see one of her posts on the Fatshionista LJ. She is so badass and pretty.

Loving The Reflection

Unknown said...

You look amazing! Very put together- and you have a great sense of style.

Catie
with Simply Fashion Stores, Ltd.
www.facebook.com/simplyfashion

cheeky rose said...

Love it when people get creative Tootsicle is fun fine diva

Stephanie said...

She super creative.

Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

hi, love your blog! putting u on my blogroll :)

xoxo Anika
sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com

Brenda Jean said...

thanks for the compliments everyone <3 don't you love this blog?!

Unknown said...

I can't say enough good of Tootsicle. She's beautiful and she's a genius. Just go and see her gallery on Flicker. It's awesome. What a gorgeous and gifted lady!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails