Tuesday, June 29, 2010

DOTD and She's Got Curves Shoe Review

Where have I been? You know I can't even explain what it going on with me. My head is SOOO not in the game. So for the month of July I am going to be doing posts on businesses and other bloggers. I may do a few outfit posts if I feel up to it.

Currently I have no A/C and as the heat hits the 100s I am trying to wear as little clothing as possible, and I am not always guaranteed to be cute. So at the end of July when my air is up to working condition, I hope to return to old self.

Here is the pics of my outfit from Sunday, and the shoes I will review below the pictures...

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Curve Appeal Consignment
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Black Necklaces: Wal-Mart
Red Necklace: New York Street Fair
Shoes: She's Got Curves




Review:  These red shoes I fell in love with the moment I saw the picture of them on the site. Then on Friday, hubby saw a picture of the shoes and said "You need those shoes, they are soo sexy". I of course informed him that I had already recieved these shoes from the great and fabulous owner of shesgotcurves.com

So here is the real deal about the shoes. I don't think the heel is sturdy. I am tentative for walking in them. But that may just be me. The longer I wore them the better I walked in them, because I knew not to bear all my weight on the shoe. So it just may be that the shoe was not intended for my plus size frame. Also, I would reheel the shoe as the stiletto heel keep sticking to the pavement, and I find that happens with cheaper tips put on the heels.

Now on to the positive, I love the shoes because they are unique and stylish. I was told multiple times in one day how HOT these shoes are, and that is one of the reasons I loved them. Not made for running errands but it is a great dress up shoe. Will I buy a shoe from them again? YES. Will I buy other items from them? Yes!

I was sent a maxi dress along with these shoes and I hope to review it this week. I think that this small retailer has the fashions and the customer service to make it to the next level. I would love it if my followers would help her along the way.

For 10% off of your next purchase, use discount code: QueenDiva

~besitos~
QueenDiva

12 comments:

Kristel Knows said...

Wooooooooooow!!!!! HOT HOT HOT!! love the heels and dress.

L & V said...

love those shoes!

None said...

That dress looks great on you. I have spent summers without air conditioning, so I know how miserable it is. I am sorry. Stay cool!

Anna said...

I hear you on the wearing as little clothing as possible on hot days front! My goodness, I have been wearing nothing but a sundress (and underthings, ahem) for weeks now.

Those shoes are hot! Maybe you could get them retipped?

http://bargainfatshionista.blogspot.com

Maria said...

No AC? You're stuck in my worst nightmare! lol, seriously, I hate the heat. I've been trying to wear as little as possible too, and it makes it quite hard to look cute when I'm constantly sweating and wearing short and a tee. daily pictures just aren't happening in the summer! You still look good though, and those shoes are so cute.

Unknown said...

Caliente!!

Dataman2 said...

No A/C? Where you doing time at? Ie What Prison. GITMO? One of the Federal Places or?

Just kidding. But the South without AC can't be good. I have AC here in Washington State. It's 70's today and we run it. Of course at 80 we all say

WOW it's HOT. Shorts weather begins at 40.

You look great. Get the AC fixed.

Anonymous said...

This dress is gorgeous and it looks amazing on you. Also, I couldn't walk in those shoes (way too high for me) so kudos for actually walking in them! :)

Unknown said...

Ooo, I bought a pair of red heels that are just not sturdy for my plus size body. They don't support my ankles! It's the first time I've ever encountered a pair like that!

Hopefully some new heel tips and those will be in tip top shape.

- Sarah @ Return to Sender

Anonymous said...

Okay, not sure how I missed this post. I've been waiting for this review ever since I put those shoes on blog wishlist. Thanks for the wonderful review because now I realize maybe this is not really the shoes for me. I would definitely bust my ass with those thin heels, lol.
Btw, you look hot. I love animal print with red, very nice combination.

acceptingallofme.blogspot.com

BBM said...

giiirlllll ... those heeellss are to die for! supa hot! u look amazing!

╰⊰⊹✿Dawn╰⊰⊹✿ said...

those are smokin! glad you updated so that I could get a close up look!!! HOT! HOT ! HOT!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails