Tuesday, June 01, 2010

DOTD: A Day Late and a Dollar Short

I love the title, I thought it was fitting as I actually wore this DOTD yesterday and will hopefully post today's pics later today. Also I did a huge amount of shopping yesterday. Nothing super fun, just groceries, and a cool visit to Lowes. I don't particularly like going in Lowes or Home Depot because I always look out of place. Yesterday was no different but because the purpose of the trip was for me, it made it so much fun. I realized recently that I am going through necklaces at an alarming rate. Mainly because I store them all in a drawer, where they become entangled with one another. Then when trying to fix the tangle, one or all start to break. So while checking a few blogs I noticed some would show how they store their accessories. Those pictures started my mind to shift into overdrive. So I explain to hubby what I wanted... he had no clue what I wanted and we argued in Lowes (not a real argument, just a difference of opionion). Below are the pics of what we accomplished.



As you can see... I was sweating a bit while doing this work. After it was done, I realized that I have a bit of necklaces. I love how it looks and I love that I have room to add more hooks if I get more necklaces. I still have my bracelets, rings, and earrings in my jewelry box. Working on a way to organize the earrings as well. On this blog post (Domestic Sophisticate) has some great ideas as well.

Now as for the outfit that I wore for the entire day, I reverted to wearing a maxi. A while back I saw Nikstarr wearing a denim maxi and I have been coveting one since then. Found one at Dot's on Sunday and wore it yesterday with olive colored shoes earrings. It was fun... and cool considering the 98 degree day. How did you spend your Memorial Day?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Dots
Shoes:  Alice + Olivia Paige Platform Gladiator (Payless)
Earrings: Beauty Supply Store
Ring: Beauty Supply Store
Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory
Sunglasses: Torrid



~besitos~
QueenDiva

10 comments:

╰⊰⊹✿Dawn╰⊰⊹✿ said...

Love the new necklace rack! VERY DIY of you ;) Love the dress. I love that you can wear that style. Wish I could with out looking like the goodyear version of the Octomom LMAO!!! <3

Courtney said...

This is an amazing idea! I have been so frustrated with my jewelry storage lately, for all the same reasons you stated. I might have to try this if the husband is willing to help. And I absolutely love, love, love your nails!

Loving The Reflection

Unknown said...

I need to try this....Cuz my necklaces get tangled all the time in my container. You're the only diva I know doing work in heels and a dress....Werk!
MzB

Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

Great idea! Something to keep in mind when my necklace tree finally fills up!
Love the dress and all the cute shots of you!

Goody said...

girl i love DIY and you took it to the next level...me i just use hooks because there is nothing worse than having everything all tangled.

and you have some great colorful pieces..

but i can not believe one thing...no ho de love??!?!?!

i LOVE HOME DEPOT!

i spend hours in it and i never feel out of place...no matter what the heck i am wearing..


lol..

cute cute dress too

StephanieDJL said...

oo I like the necklace organisation idea! It looks cute and is out of the way. I need to find a way to store headbands, I have too many.

Weesha said...

ok, that's a really cool idea- it looks so good! & I love the dress, those are some seriously hot shoes ooh la la. You look lovely <3

Sarah said...

Yay jewelery! Good way to organize the necklaces. Much better then my system of throwing them in a tangled heap. You're looking great as always. lol, love the goofy pics of you.

http://thepaleandpallorprincess.blogspot.com/

Jessica Kane said...

I have a wall of necklaces too!! LOL - I'll have to post JUST for you!

xoxo
jessica kane
owner of skorch

www.curvyconfident30something.com | My personal fatshion blog :)

D said...

Try a bobbin holder for your earrings, rings and bracelets. There's a pic at melange4d.blogspot.com. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails