Tuesday, June 01, 2010

DOTD: A Day Late and a Dollar Short

I love the title, I thought it was fitting as I actually wore this DOTD yesterday and will hopefully post today's pics later today. Also I did a huge amount of shopping yesterday. Nothing super fun, just groceries, and a cool visit to Lowes. I don't particularly like going in Lowes or Home Depot because I always look out of place. Yesterday was no different but because the purpose of the trip was for me, it made it so much fun. I realized recently that I am going through necklaces at an alarming rate. Mainly because I store them all in a drawer, where they become entangled with one another. Then when trying to fix the tangle, one or all start to break. So while checking a few blogs I noticed some would show how they store their accessories. Those pictures started my mind to shift into overdrive. So I explain to hubby what I wanted... he had no clue what I wanted and we argued in Lowes (not a real argument, just a difference of opionion). Below are the pics of what we accomplished.



As you can see... I was sweating a bit while doing this work. After it was done, I realized that I have a bit of necklaces. I love how it looks and I love that I have room to add more hooks if I get more necklaces. I still have my bracelets, rings, and earrings in my jewelry box. Working on a way to organize the earrings as well. On this blog post (Domestic Sophisticate) has some great ideas as well.

Now as for the outfit that I wore for the entire day, I reverted to wearing a maxi. A while back I saw Nikstarr wearing a denim maxi and I have been coveting one since then. Found one at Dot's on Sunday and wore it yesterday with olive colored shoes earrings. It was fun... and cool considering the 98 degree day. How did you spend your Memorial Day?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Dots
Shoes:  Alice + Olivia Paige Platform Gladiator (Payless)
Earrings: Beauty Supply Store
Ring: Beauty Supply Store
Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory
Sunglasses: Torrid



~besitos~
QueenDiva
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails