Friday, June 04, 2010

MOTD: Sigma Makeup Brush Review (Patriotic)

Yesterday I received my new Sigma Makeup brushes. I love my MAC brushes, but as I am broke, I was probably not going to own them all until 2025. So I heard this rumor that Sigma brushes were like MAC brushes, but affordable. As a growing make-up guru, I had to test this theory. So today I used my sigma brushes and… they are everything I heard they were. Wouldn’t even mind a second set… but well… you know…

I am reviewing: Sigma Makeup Professional Brushes Complete Kit in Pink - $89.00

Comes with 12 brushes (and a bonus brush) + a brush roll

Pros
Great coverage
Soft bristles
Great handles (seriously they are that heavy feel so you always feel in control. The handles are also long so no slippage)
Cons
Only one con as far as I can see… the initial shedding. Every brand has that shed you must endure 3 hairs on the larger brushes aren’t bad. No shedding on the smaller brushes. So seriously, not any con.

Needless to say, at this point, I love these professional brushes. I even did my MOTD with them. Tell me what you think. Remember the brushes use the same numbering as MAC but with SS preceding.

I'm calling this look: Patriotic

Makeup Breakdown:
Face
Brushes Used: SS150, SS190, SS187
Primer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
Bronzer: Maybelline Mineral Power Bronzer (Dark)
Foundation Primer: Makeup Forever (MUFE) HD Primer – Caramel
Foundation: MUFE HD Foundation – 180
Powder Foundation: Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Foundation – Dark
Foundation Seal: MUFE HD Powder

Blush: Sephora (from Sephora Ultimate Blockbuster Palette) – Shimmering rich rose color

Brows
none today

Eyes
Brushes Used: SS194, SS239, SS252, SS224
Eye Base: 1st - a thin coat of Motives eye base. 2nd - another coat of MAC Groundwork. Still hate creases.
Eyeshadow: Sephora Aspen Summit (inner corner), NYX Red Head (middle lid), NYX Blue Marine (Crease)   Yes… red/white/blue makeup today… I surprise myself sometimes….
Brow Bone: Sephora (from Sephora Ultimate Blockbuster Palette) - golden tan color
Lid Eyeliner: Motives Liquid Liner

Bottom Eyeliner: Styli-Style Line & Seal – Twilight 115

Mascara: Sephora Lash Plumper in Ultra Black

Lips
stila lip glaze - starfruit




~bestitos~
QueenDiva

5 comments:

Philly B said...

Love Those Colors. Really pretty and exotic looking

digal704 said...

loves it!

V said...

Yeah between you and Valerie I'm sold on these. My blusher and powder brushes have started to shed badly. I keep meaning to pick these up since Val's review on blogtobealive. You've just reminded me. Your make up is great and wow your poses - you are loving that camera Girl! I love it! V x

Anonymous said...

Yes! I am so glad that you also like those brushes. There are some negative comments on YT about how they are not like MAC, but unless you're a pro makeup artist I don't think you can tell the difference. I definitely love them!

http://blogtobealive.com

Anonymous said...

Love this eye make-up look, the colours are brilliant - purple's my favourite! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails