Thursday, February 18, 2010

OOTD: Pancho Villa...

So that everyone can understand who I am, I am usually working from home on Wednesday and Fridays. So the outfits aren't always given as much thought or attention as they are on the days I am certain to go to work. Now, yesterday, I was feeling rather cute but, with so much going on, I failed to take a picture. So, that outfit will be repeated on another day when less drama is filling my life. So, about mid-day, I felt the strong need to prepare my clothing for work today. Maybe because God knew I was not going to have time to do it later. So I took out an outfit and I originally planned on wearing to work the Thursday BEFORE Valentine's Day but the plan was destroyed by about a billion feet of snow (darn Snowmageddon). I will do the outfit breakdown below, but I wanted to take a minute to discuss this outfit today.

First, I know that panchos are one of those LOVE them or HATE them items. I have to admit this is the third one I've purchased, but the first one I like. I feel pretty in this pancho. Maybe because it combines so many colors that I like. What's really great about this outfit, is that the pink shirt underneath was ruined by me wetting my hair too soon after dying it so its got little black water marks on the back. I can't EVER wear this shirt alone, so the pancho allows me to get a few more uses out of it before I buy another.

The pants, as you know are new from my favorite pants distributor, New York and Company. They are flare pants, and although I HATE FLARE JEANS (on my frame it looks like my thighs and ankles are the same size), in these work pants... to me... it works. I am not calling this a DOTD (diva of the day) because although my makeup is not horrible today, I am exhausted and my face looks tired in all my photos (in my opinion). It was a long night and all I can say is... no excuses... just except it, move on, and shoot for excellence again tomorrow.

As always, I still love all my followers, I have grown leaps and bounds in such a short amount of time and for that I owe you, my reader, for spreading the word about what you see here, and what you like. I love comments, so feel free to let me know what you think. Negative feedback is also welcome, because how can I grow as a fashionista without honest feedback?

Outfit Breakdown:
Top: Lane Bryant
Pancho: Curve Appeal Consignment
Pants: New York and Company
Shoes: Nine West
Earrings & Necklace: Asian Beauty Supply (near my home)




P.S. I forgot to post a pic of my V-day nails... aren't they cute?


~besitos~


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your nails i wish i could do this ;-)

Unknown said...

@Matron-Jo I have to give my nail technician all the credit. MiMi... you rock... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails