Tuesday, December 21, 2010

DOTD: Dotting the Eye

So as I mentioned on twitter yesterday, I was going to wear my City Chic Pin Spot Blazer. I'm wearing it to work today and I realized something today... people aren't ready for me. I think so many people have this misconceived notion that all plus sized women are poorly dressed, sloppy, and just plan miserable. They have no idea how to deal with a plus sized woman who smiles all day and is generally happy with her size and the clothes contained in her closet. I love it because it has caused a many a “skinny chick” to step up her game and not be outdone by a plus sized woman… who according to myths… can never find anything in her size.

What this fashion blog has done for my closet isn’t nothing short of amazing. Because of this blog, and the fear of repeating anything and boring people to death… I try to mix pieces in new and creative ways. Also, trying to use things inter-seasonally (yep… just made that word up… I think) and showing that you don’t always have to wear it as originally designed.

Now today’s outfit was centered on a blazer I wanted to wear while still have a sort of holiday vibe to it (hence the over usage of red). It’s from City Chic as I mentioned above. It has a read lining which also makes the red additions all that much more workable. It’s a stretchy blazer which I love. I also love the crown pin on the lapel ( I am QueenDiva so this pin is perfectly fitting). I decided to finish the look with my faux wrap top from Curve Appeal with a lace cami underneath, heart fishnet tights from Torrid, my red velvet booties found on ebay and my ASOS Curve Bodycon Pencil Skirt. My accessories were my ornament earrings that jingle when I walk, and my big silver necklace. I feel super sexy today and this outfit is seriously getting looks ( I will assume everyone likes the look as most the faces I see are of shock).

So if I were to give this blazer a grade it would be: A- (it would be an A+ if the button wasn’t already too loose to keep the jacket closed)

What do you think?



 





10 comments:

Amanda said...

Mi gusta! I love this look. That jacket is adorable.

Unknown said...

Love LOVE this outfit, everything from the hot shoes to the skirt and the fab blazer-you look amazing!

L said...

FIERCE! I love it! The blazer is cute, I love your booties! A+ on this outfit girl ;D

<3

Anonymous said...

OMG Yolanda, this outfit is HOTTTTT. I love everything about it, especially how you brought in red and just made the red lining of the blazer fit. All the pieces are great together.

Brenda Jean said...

KILLED IT.

Unknown said...

You look amaaaaazing !!!!
I too often wonder what 'other' women think of a 46 yr old wearing mini's and patterned tights, or anything fashionable ;)
Especially idie trends ;)
We are defined by who we are, and I hope I never fit into a box!
That what I love about blogging....
( I need to post about that.....)
That the other women I have gotten to know rock their own style and don't feel the need to apologize for it!
Love to you my friend!
xXx
Reva

definatalie said...

The peeks of red with the skirt and shoes are amazing! Good job looking HOT!

None said...

I love the blazer - it's very sharp.

Anonymous said...

You *should* feel happy in that outfit; it looks great! Makes me to want to break out my booties and pencil skirt. Love the comment about people not being ready for you - it is such a great feeling to be confident enough to usurp people's expectations of what a plus size person should wear. And it is very true that you will influence other people (of any body size) to dress better just by your example.

DumDumPop said...

Yep, this outfit is hot. *yoinks your blazer*

Thank you so much for this blog. You've given me so many new places to shop at!

Related Posts with Thumbnails