Wednesday, December 01, 2010

DOTD: The Golden Consignment Find

I am currently in love with this dress today. I can not stress enough to you, do not sleep on consignment shops!! Google. It’s a wonderful tool. You need to know all the consignment shops in your area that carry plus sizes. Most of them, I found, are owned by Christian families or women of faith and they tend to be quite kind. If you call them and ask what their size selections usually include, they will tell you. Not to mention you can find inexpensive pieces you can use or layer. I visit all the ones in my area but I get 90% of my pieces from Curve Appeal.

This dress is one of those finds you hope for… its from a great website, but someone felt that it wasn’t for them or maybe they outgrew it… not sure… only know that I’m in love. I didn’t want it to be just a plain dress so I added a vest and some gray/black patterned tights. I needed my color (you know I love me some color)… so I added purple accents and (later after the pics) purple eyeshadow. I feel like today and yesterday were good starts back from the holiday. What are you wearing today?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: SWAKdesigns (Curve Appeal Consignment)
Military Vest: Loop18
Tights: Target
Boots: Marshalls??
Purple rose ring: flea market
Earrings: Claires
Necklace: Beauty Supply




8 comments:

Kristel Knows said...

Hot, really chic outfit, the dress looks great on you, nice fit! :D <3

Erika Jewel said...

Love it!!!! I've been there a few times since I read about it here. I love that place. I actually took my grandmother in there about a week or so ago to find something for a wedding. She ended up spending about $120 and got SOOOO much stuff, including 2 coats. She said that we are going to have to go every month, lol. I think I'll go every 2 weeks or so. I need to add some more dresses to my arsenal.

I have a few things I want to drop off there the next time I go. What are your sizes? Maybe I will give you first dibs if any of the stuff will fit, lol.

BBM said...

i love this military look ms. diva! the vest is a perfect touch! ure always workin it mama!

Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

That's a great dress! Love the vest you've paired with it.

None said...

You look fantastic in this outfit!! Love it!! That vest is great.

Bethamint said...

That's the exact dress I want to buy from swak! Isn't it soooo comfy? I love swak stuff so much.

ThicknGorgeouz Mayra said...

Love what you did with the outfit! I too agree on consignment shops, I'm actually editing a post of some goodies I found at one myself. U look fab :) xoxo Mayra
http://thickngorgeouz.blogspot.com

Brenda Jean said...

I totally agree re: consignment. A simple grey dress, god, think of the things you can do! I have a black dress that reminds me of, and it is the softest thing EVER. Yours looks that way, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails