Friday, December 03, 2010

DOTD: Winter Ready

Its cold… its winter and there is no denying that is the season we are in. I decided to do a post with more than just a glimpse of my outfit. But too also show you how I cover up in the winter months.

Today I went to pick up my winter coat from my favorite new boutique in Hampden (Baltimore) MD. Article coming soon with more information on this great business. I didn’t do much today as it was cold outside and I had much work to do from home. So let me explain that the best part about today’s outfit is the fact that I found out that I can wear Kmart tights. I can’t wear Target (they are a joke) and Walmart is sometimes a hit or miss. But I was pleasantly surprised by Kmart today. I got a great of purple tights from them yesterday and they fit like a dream. the crotch actually comes to the (wait for it… ) the crotch. I am so tired of the panty area of tights hitting me about mid thigh. I am tall (by tights industry standards) and its so hard to find an affordable great pair. So I am pleased.

Today I also wore my new favorite skirt from Shesgotcurves. It is soooo long. How can you not love a skirt that is this long and just plain fabulous, especially during these cold days. I felt warm and cozy despite the outside weather. What do you think? How are you keeping warm?

Outfit Breakdown:

Vest: Forever21

Shirt: Dorothy Perkins

Skirt: Shesgotcurves

Tights: Kmart

Boots: Ebay (seller: metronomestudios)

Coat: ellos (K Staton Boutique)

Scarf (Purple): K Staton Boutique

Purse: Nicole Lee (Shesgotcurves)

Earrings: Beauty Supply

IMG_0049  IMG_0028   IMG_0037IMG_0030  IMG_0036 IMG_0035 IMG_0044IMG_0031 IMG_0043

4 comments:

Erika Jewel said...

Cute!!! My fav piece is the bag! I love big bags.

I literally LOL'd @ the tights coming up to the, wait for it...crotch. I am 5'10" and I have the same issue.

Brittany said...

I love the bag!!! I had that coat. It was my favorite but it now too small. I might just have the buttons moved over so I can fit it! LOL

www.plushdivafemme.blogspot.com
www.ihearthairjunkie.blogspot.com

lalaG said...

I love the tights! I just wish we had Kmart here!

Brenda Jean said...

Isn't it epic to find something afforddable and comfortable that you've been looking for FOREVER? <3

You look great. The greyish tones in the bag look so, so pretty with the plummish tones in the vest.

Brilliant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails