Tuesday, December 07, 2010

DOTD: Kicking Back

Have you ever put on something and you instantly felt better? I put on today’s outfit and the little congestion I was feeling and the tummy ache I was feeling all seemed to fade to the background. Now all I keep thinking is why don’t all my pencil skirts have kick pleats? I mean I feel like I was just dropped back into the 40s (without the whole race thing being an issue) and me and Audrey Hepburn are going to go to this Jazz spot and have drinks. Yeah… a lot of my fashion icon fantasies include Audrey, Marilyn, and Rosalyn Russell. We would be besties and they wouldn’t know what to do with the colored fashionable lady that they love. I would make Dorothy Dandridge look like a QueenDiva wannabee. Hey… girls gotta dream… right?

So yesterday I worked from home because I couldn’t shake my stomach pain. Now because I have so much to get done today, I wish I had just sucked it up and come into the office. Because in hindsight… it wasn’t my best decision… regardless… I’m in a good mood for 2 reason… my outfit… and Yaz’s outfit… that girl is going to be one heck of a fashion blogger some day J

My outfit breakdown:
Sweater: Dots
Belt: Torrid
Skirt: Torrid (seriously in love with the kick pleat)
Tights: Silkies
Boots: Liliana (ebay seller: metronomestudios)
Necklace: Vibrant Artwear
Earrings: Beauty Supply



My eyeshadow that I do on the drive into work


Yaz’s outfit breakdown:
White button-down: Target
Vest: Wal-mart
Skirt: Target
Tights: Target
Tie: Justice
Headband: Justice
Faux Uggs: Payless



                       

                        

Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails