Tuesday, December 07, 2010

DOTD: Kicking Back

Have you ever put on something and you instantly felt better? I put on today’s outfit and the little congestion I was feeling and the tummy ache I was feeling all seemed to fade to the background. Now all I keep thinking is why don’t all my pencil skirts have kick pleats? I mean I feel like I was just dropped back into the 40s (without the whole race thing being an issue) and me and Audrey Hepburn are going to go to this Jazz spot and have drinks. Yeah… a lot of my fashion icon fantasies include Audrey, Marilyn, and Rosalyn Russell. We would be besties and they wouldn’t know what to do with the colored fashionable lady that they love. I would make Dorothy Dandridge look like a QueenDiva wannabee. Hey… girls gotta dream… right?

So yesterday I worked from home because I couldn’t shake my stomach pain. Now because I have so much to get done today, I wish I had just sucked it up and come into the office. Because in hindsight… it wasn’t my best decision… regardless… I’m in a good mood for 2 reason… my outfit… and Yaz’s outfit… that girl is going to be one heck of a fashion blogger some day J

My outfit breakdown:
Sweater: Dots
Belt: Torrid
Skirt: Torrid (seriously in love with the kick pleat)
Tights: Silkies
Boots: Liliana (ebay seller: metronomestudios)
Necklace: Vibrant Artwear
Earrings: Beauty Supply



My eyeshadow that I do on the drive into work


Yaz’s outfit breakdown:
White button-down: Target
Vest: Wal-mart
Skirt: Target
Tights: Target
Tie: Justice
Headband: Justice
Faux Uggs: Payless



                       

                        

8 comments:

Stiletto Siren said...

OMG Yaz looks sooooo stinkin cute! I wish i had girls just so i could dress them so cute! Loving you skirt too!
Work it ladies!
xoxo
S

Unknown said...

I am in love with that outfit....very cute. And the baby looks adorable. :-)

L said...

You look fierce! Love this outfit, especially your skirt!

And your daughter is too adorable!! She's working it, just like her mama!

<3

Unknown said...

lol so cute! Both of you!

lalaG said...

I am soooo in love with the plaid skirt! its too cute

Courtney said...

I love this outfit! You look so sophisticated! The belt with the skirt is perfection, and your hair is impeccable. And, of course, Yaz is adorable.

Brenda Jean said...

I love your daydream!!! Gimme that belt.. and hi tiny diva!

Anonymous said...

If I worked in an office, I would totally copy that look today. Your little one's outfit is adorable (I want a silver tie too!) - plus she looks completely at home in front of the camera!

Related Posts with Thumbnails