Monday, December 27, 2010

DOTD: Summertime memories

Today, I decided to pull something out of my closet that I haven’t worn since summertime… and try to put a winter spin on it. Since Christmas is gone, I want to play with more colors as I mentally prepare myself for spring (hey… don’t judge my winter denial)…

I will wish my readers a happy holiday, just in case you missed the youtube video I posted… so… belated Merry Christmas!!

I’m not going out this year for new years (seriously… no money left… but my kids are happy). I got a new ipod touch, so my youtube videos will be more frequent (I hope)

Anyway… on to the outfit (as you can see the holiday laziness has set in and I am completely lethargic)… I wore this torrid dress that you may recall from this post (see here) and put a white turtle neck (Curve Appeal Consignment) and white tights (Silkies) underneath to see how it would look… I don’t know how I feel about it. I matched my Forever21 Oxfords to the belt that came with the dress and threw on some large yellow hoops. I think I would have liked this better with a purple turtleneck & tights… What do you think?
IMG_0242
IMG_0287 IMG_0222
 IMG_0226

Updated photo: I changed into purple tights... I like it better this way!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

U know u rock anything u wear, but b/c purple is my fav color..I will go with purple.

Krissey said...

I actually like it with the white turtle neck. :)

Brenda Jean said...

I like what you did there. I am posting a strapless dress with a white top underneath that I wore a few weeks ago tomorrow, great minds think alike. Also I love the color of those oxfords.

Eclectic Thrifty Chic said...

Well I guess I am biased, I don't like white unless it's paired with black.. And I love purple.. :) So purple would be my choice.

http://shopaholicglamourgoddess.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

On first glance, I thought 'what the heck is the diva wearing?', but after looking at it, its appeal increased. I really do like the sweetheart neck of the strapless dress over the white turtleneck because the t-neck is form-fitting. The dress and oxfords are A+... I am just not sold on the white tights.

Unknown said...

Ladies thank you all for your love and support... I couldn't bear leaving my house in the purple tights so I changed and updated the post.

@citypoodle: I know... even divas fall from grace occasionally lol. Those tights will be burned and never to be sean again... yikes!!! Okay... I'll keep them but only to wear under pants ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you took my 'what the heck' remark with a grain of salt. I really appreciate the moxie of all of the fatshion bloggers out there.

But, the purple tights ground the outfit better IMHO.

Don't be too rough on the white tights, though. After I posted, I thought there has to be a way to wear them - maybe a neutral, monochromatic outfit or doing an outdoor look like a snow bunny. Oh no, I am spending way too much time thinking about this! lol...

Eclectic Thrifty Chic said...

Well I guess I am biased, I don't like white unless it's paired with black.. And I love purple.. :) So purple would be my choice.

http://shopaholicglamourgoddess.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails