Tuesday, January 19, 2010

OOTD + outfit ramblings

So this is actually my OOTD for today. I was generally thinking that I am pretty in this outfit it is cute and funky. I got many compliments at work and for that I think I will take more risks in my fashion in the near future. Not too risky at work but more risky after business hours.


Outfit Breakdown:
Top: Target
Skirt: Consignment Shop
Tights: Walmart
Boots: White Mountain/DSW
Accessories: Dollar Stores/Swap Meets/Flea Markets



In the pictures above I hadn't applied my makeup, see below the pics of my red & grey smokey eye. I love this blending and the look. I think it flatters my eye.
 

So this weekend while jumping from store to store to shop and then Monday when I returned to Annapolis Mall to visit Sephora, I came to a serious realization. I LOVE Annapolis Mall. The customer service is superior to any other place I shop and all the stores I need are in one place... and on one level. I have fallen in love with Torrid more and more each visit. I have my favorite shops online, but there I can try things on without the issue of when will I find the time to mail it back if it doesn't fit. Also, there is this store there called Buckle that is so hip and now that I want to purchase all the clothes for my husband. Plus of course Sephora is there for my own personal enjoyment.

But in my perusing other plus size blogs, I found that I am being very lazy in my fashion. I mean, I look cute in what I wear, but where are the pieces no one has? They are on websites that I have found via blog browsing such as shops like eShakti, Marie Denee, Plus Size FixSimply Be, and City Chic. Of the ones listed I am most excited about City Chic, Plus Size Fix, and Marie Denee. I want to get some really great pieces to really amp up my wardrobe so that when I step out of my house it is not only tops and bottoms that I've seen on others. Which is why I love consignment, it's great and you can get a $12 item, get it tailored to fit differently, and then people think it a new edgy piece you found online.

Here are some pieces I can't wait to have...

City Chic:



Marie Denee:



Plus Size Fix:




Other Must Haves:



Shoes/Boots:



I'm sure you've noticed that all the shoes I've chosen are heels. Well, here is some insight into my life. I can't wear flats. I sprained both my ankles, going down the steps to get my newborn son a bottle (don't worry, he was safe in his crib). But my ankles swelled like balloons and the doctor ordered me on bedrest until both ankles had heeled. I had a newborn and was a single parent. How was that supposed to happen? So now, I am most comfortable in high heels (and of cours my super expensive running shoes - Nike Shox). You may occasionally see me in flats, but understand I am in excrutiating pain to make that particular fashion statement.

5 comments:

Rai said...

hey! I found you thru livejournal's fatshionista and I saw that you lived in MD. I have been trying to make my way out to curve appeal to buy/sell some things for a WHILE! but I also saw you are interested in makeup. yay! you are about my complexion, maybe a shade or 2 lighter. double yay! I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of foundation you use? thanks!

Unknown said...

@RaiOkay... YAY!!! A like sister in blogging, makeup, & fashion... *gasp* I may faint.
My makeup is a combination of many things. But with foundation, I have found that I like Mary Kay liquid and Bare Escentuals for my mineral powder (in a combination of deep & dark). I use the liquid to just blend my concealer around the eye and around the nose and mouth. I use the mineral powder everywhere else. I also use a bronzer (especially in the winter months) to keep me from getting that ashen look. I am a lipgloss and an eyeshadow whore. I can't stop buying colors (even when I have the 84 color Sephora palette. Contact me via my blogger email (go to the about me section) and maybe we can meet up sometime. I'm super excited to find a sister Diva...

Anonymous said...

ugh!!! im sooooo angry!!!! I just typed out a long ass comment and when i went to repost, my page didnt refresh and I lost it. but basically I was saying that my skin is super sensitive, so I have to try new things with caution and I can't mix stuff. and I might try the brownzer + mineral powder thing. =) thanks hon!

Rai said...

hey! I found you thru livejournal's fatshionista and I saw that you lived in MD. I have been trying to make my way out to curve appeal to buy/sell some things for a WHILE! but I also saw you are interested in makeup. yay! you are about my complexion, maybe a shade or 2 lighter. double yay! I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of foundation you use? thanks!

sunkissdbelle said...

ugh!!! im sooooo angry!!!! I just typed out a long ass comment and when i went to repost, my page didnt refresh and I lost it. but basically I was saying that my skin is super sensitive, so I have to try new things with caution and I can't mix stuff. and I might try the brownzer + mineral powder thing. =) thanks hon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails