Monday, August 09, 2010

Trying not to fall into this hole I've been digging...

I love my life and I love my fashion, but lately I feel like something is missing. I am trying to find inspiration but I don’t have it in me. So I desperately wait for the newest magazines so I can flip through and find something that will speak to me. But today that happened, I got the newest Lucky and Glamour magazines. Still…. Nothing!!!

Here is where the problem begins… I don’t have job and I really really liked my job before all that nonsense began. Now that I have been unemployed for months, I realize I haven’t gotten called for an interview not even once… and even though everyone wants to blame Obama I know it runs deeper than that… Companies aren’t hiring and if they are hiring it’s for overseas employees. And being a stay at home mom is hard... and I'm not much for this job. I have worked my entire life... by work I mean I have been a career woman. I have worked to always reach for the next higher position. And now I'm being outwitted by a  4 year old. Its a hard transition. And although I am in the pusuit of my dream... it seems so far off and out of reach.


So I was doing OOTD posts daily and I don’t do them as often as I would like. But what I notice is that I am also not getting as much visits to my site either. Then I have the Miss Curve Competition that I am so amped, stressed, nervous, and excited for so my blood pressure is probably off the charts. I don’t know what is the point of this other than to say… I’m sorry for not giving the best content… I pray that you understand that I am trying to dig myself out of the nonsense and hope I can bring this blog back to the way it once was. If there is something you would like to see on my blog… let me know… I live for your comments as they cause me to strive to be better.

~besitos~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope things get better! I really enjoy your blog and I follow you on twitter! You do some nice things with fashion and I like that! Your confidence is what really inspires me and you wear it well! I say keep working and it will happen!

Papu Morgado said...

Hi,
I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I like it very much. Altough I'm working as an english teacher ( and ocasionally designing jewelry)I feel wholeand complete when I'm blogging about self acceptance and fashion.
I have 2 blogs and an weekly article at More of me to love. But it doesn't pay my bills, it's pure passion and I consider that as a hobby that I would love to become a kind of career because I love fashion and art. But I don't know how to make it happen.
I'm saying that because I can relate to how you are feeling. Maybe this lack of inspiration is a phase because you have many dreams and they are not happening as fast as you would like them to and we sometimes lose hope. But hold on to your dreams and know that your blog is important and such an ispiration for many of us! all the best! Papu

Jacqueline said...

I have to say, this is one of my favourite posts. Because it is so honest.

There are a million lovely and exciting things about fashion and outfit posts, but I especially love when I can see a little bit of someone's real life. Blogs have the unique ability to reach someone from anywhere in the world and I find it really meaningful when someone puts something 'real' up for the world to see.

My partner has been unemployed for 6 months (until today) so I know how hard it is, for a whole host of reasons.

Anyway, in a nutshell, whatever you post, I enjoy it. I especially enjoy getting to see the 'real' diva as she is deep in thought. :)

Jacqui
(Fat in a Leotard)

Kristel Knows said...

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I pray to god that the economy will get better, cause this is really stressfull. And honestly,I LOVE your blog, I think you're doing a fantastic job, and haven't noticed lack of content, if you feel like you wanna get some inspiration, maybe start a project, and feautre, a challenge, on the blog :) that will keep you posting. :D love ya. <3

Maria said...

I so know how you feel. I try no to let it get me down, but sometimes I can't help but feel as if I wasted 4 years of my life going to college, for nothing. I'm a freakin' housewife and I hate it. I get so bored and sometimes I don't feel like dressing up either. Honestly though, even though it sucks, try to enjoy the time you do have with your family right now. It's a stressful time, but at least you're with your husband and kids. Once you start working it will all be a blur because you'll be so tired. There's nothing wrong with taking a break, even if it wasn't necesseraly by choice.

As for inspirtation, you have your own style. Maybe you should look at things you don't normally try and work from there. Either way, as your follower, I always keep up with your blog, even if it's not OOTD your posting each time. Don't stress about that, this is supposed to be fun. Just take a breath and let the inspiration flow naturally. We'll still be here.

cheeky rose said...

I was out of work for 6 months before something came up and I know this is no consolation, but I understand how low and desperate things can get. Hey but nothing ventured nothing gained, and you are a trier, you are honest, you love to share, you are generous. I can go on but I know there is much more to you, this is what I have glimsed from your writing. Stay postive, keep doing what you are doing, know that it will change, because you have all of you behind you.

lots of love C xxxxx

April D said...

I wish you so much luck on the job hunting front and give you so much kudos for managing a household and 4 year old!!

I just started reading your blog and love your passionate zest for all things fashion and the outfits are just making me so happy to watch; even inspiring me to dress more fun when I do go out so please even if it is less often as you work on other things, keep the outfits coming!! :D

Anonymous said...

I think the hardest things to accept are those that are the most important to us. Because you talk this seriously that's why you're so tough on yourself, and it shows that you take this seriously. I love your blog, I love your content. Don't beat yourself up. This economy is kicking everyone and I think we are all praying for lower unemployment. I try to tell myself on the tough days, "this too shall pass."

Related Posts with Thumbnails