Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DOTD: Giving thanks through hard work

I’m exhausted. I've been working hard today. I wanted to leave early but in order to do that, I needed to complete 8 hours of work in 6 hours. Needless to say… I feel like I’ve been in a fight. But as we head into Thanksgiving, I realize that I’m the happiest I’ve been in a while.

Giving thanks for:

  1. My family – they drive me nuts. But I know that at the end of the day I won’t come home to an empty house. And my kids are always glad to see me (can’t always say the same for hubby… lol)
  2. My health – I’m exhausted, but I woke up this morning and was able to walk out of my house. Not everyone was blessed with this privilege today.
  3. My job – I won’t get a check for a little while. But I do know that in the near future, I will be a little more comfortable.
  4. Great friends – this Thankgiving and Christmas will be a little bit better because of the friends in my life.
  5. My blog – because of this blog. I stayed sane when I was unemployed, and I’ve met some super people who I hope will be around for some time to come.

What are you thankful for this year?

Outfit Breakdown:

Sleeveless Turtleneck: Newport News

Skirt: JcPenney

Boots: Aerosoles

Jacket: Dots

Earrings: Beauty Supply

IMG_0026IMG_0021IMG_0022 IMG_0023 IMG_0024 IMG_0025

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the print of your skirt! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, beautiful! I love that skirt so much!

Pretty Penny Mae said...

I have to agree with the others. That skirt is divine!

Literal Gemini said...

I really like that skirt, and I like your makeup in this series of photos too, I really like the natural look.

Happy Thanksgiving.

literalgemini.blogspot.com

Alissa said...

That jacket is really cute. One thing I miss about living in B'More is having going to Dots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails