Sunday, November 14, 2010

DOTN: Flash of Fuschia

I wore this outfit to go out with friends last night. I am “financially impaired” but free entry and free drinks (I know people) helps make the night out worth the gas I used. I also needed to feel pretty. I don’t know why… I had a pretty good week (fashionably and otherwise) but somehow I still felt the need to be FIERCE. Do you ever have days like that? Where nothing is particularly wrong but you still feel the need to feel fabulous like you feel an impending depression or something?

Any way… this outfit worked because as soon as I walked in a table of guys said “AY bonita Mamita” which loosely translates into hey there pretty lady. So I danced until I sweated out my brain matter. Then I drove home feeling awfully sleepy… no clue why… (insert old joke here)

Earlier in the day I wore my OTK gray boots from Torrid, a black tank, jeggings, and a black/gray cardigan. It wasn’t my diva outfit at least not in my opinion. But I got a few compliments, and a complete stranger was waving me down on the street. Sometimes its those completely effortless outfits that make people notice you more so than the ones you plan days and weeks in advance. What did you wear this weekend?

Outfit Breakdown:
Tunic/Tank combo: Size Appeal (exact item here)
Gray mini: Faith21 (Forever21+)
Tights: Silkies
Booties: ebay (seller: metronomestudios)
Earrings: Beauty Supply

IMG_0021IMG_0024  
  IMG_0022  IMG_0020

2 comments:

Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

So fierce! I feel like that "need something nice to wear to fend off this impending depression" pretty much everyday, haha. Like you said, it's funny how those effortless outfits are sometimes the ones that get compliments.;)

Also those shoes are amazing!

Krissey said...

yassssssssss!! LOVE IT!! and you are losing alot of wieght, You look gorgeous mama! :) *Mauh!*

Related Posts with Thumbnails