Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Size Appeal: Get the Hellie Out of Here

The kind folks of Size Appeal offered to send me something for me to review. After much deliberation I found this great brown and teal top that I thought would be a fabulous addition to my wardrobe. If you type in teal into my blog you will find all the outfits I’ve done in the teal/brown color scheme. Its amazing I don’t consider teal my favorite color because I own so much of it. In varying shades. Anyway, I instantly fell in love with this top. In the photo they have the model wearing a cami under the top and I figured I could find something to layer underneath once I received it. Imagine my surprise when they sent a brown tube along with the top to make it easier to wear this great piece. Note: this top does not come with the under tank. You can check this item out here: Hellie in Brown & Turquoise

Best things about this top:

  1. The colors
  2. The buttons on the hip
  3. The folds at the neck

Not so great:

  1. The thin-ness (if I didn’t have anything underneath, you could possibly see my bra)

All in all, I really liked the look. It gave me a polished look without much work. Today my plan was to look really laid back and relaxed but I think the adding of the stilettos dressed it up a bit. But I’ve been wanting to wear these shoes again and haven’t had the right outfit. So to finish out the top I added my go-to skinny jeans, my turquoise stilettos, and some matching accessories. I originally was not wearing trouser socks with my heels but its COLD outside…

IMG_0029 IMG_0020IMG_0017        IMG_0025  IMG_0027 IMG_0028

I can honestly say that with the size appeal pieces that I’ve purchased and this item that I received that I have been generally pleased with what I’ve tried out. Its not expensive but its just the kind of pieces you can add to your wardrobe to step it up a notch. Its those trendy plus size pieces you don’t want to spend hundreds on for the trend to change 3 months later. They give you trendiness you can afford at the time when the item is on trend. What do you think?

1 comment:

Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

I love the texture the pattern gives off. You look good in a wrap shirt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails