Wednesday, April 20, 2011

DOTD: Coral-ly Speaking… of course

Today was a good day. I woke up this morning with the desire to work out. I wanted to start this spring off with a great healthy regime for walking and taking care of self. So I jumped up this morning with the intent of walking 1.5 miles. Well… when I got to my turn around point… the little store I buy my water was closed… so I walked an additional 0.75 miles to the next store to buy water and then turned around and walked home (at least I think that is the math that equals what I did) which totaled 3 miles. Well upon returning home I sat down to take a call before my shower… Ay Dios Mio!!! When I stood up again… I wanted to cry… my hip was KILLING me. I mean I thought I had seriously hurt myself. But I knew better… my body was NOT ready for that kind of walking on the first or second day out of the box. I know better. So now I’m paying for it. Seriously, I don’t know if I can walk tomorrow. I want to… but don’t know if I can.

I also broke a nail today. I should have been devastated but I’m not… I’m in a good mood. Even before the walk I knew today was going to be as good as I made it. I went Easter dress shopping for the girls (even on my bad hip… I know I sound like my grandma… lol) and found a cute embellished jacket for like $12 (score!!) and the necklace that I’m going to wear for my Easter outfit.

So as for today’s look… first off… the flowers are going to be “my thing” because I like them… and second… this outfit was supposed to be with an all brown tank dress… but apparently… I don’t own one (yeah… I know right!!) so I decided this dress would have to do. I actually had no intention of it turning out this well… but I REALLY like it! What do you think of today’s look?!

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Wal-mart
DIY Collar-less Top: Wal-mart
Belt: Lane Bryant 
Shoes: Bumper (Alloy)
Ring/Flower: Dots
Earrings: Beauty Supply

IMG_0058IMG_0101IMG_0062IMG_0064IMG_0072IMG_0075IMG_0095IMG_0083IMG_0104IMG_0108IMG_0111

MAC Coral, Brown, & Black Eyeshadow

16 comments:

LaCara said...

Loving this oufit! Coral is such a pretty color on you (and it's my favorite color at the moment). Hope your hip feels better girlie, just take it slow! :D

<3

Kenyetta said...

loving this looks and loooooving the fro! welcome to the fro club! lol hope all is well xoxo

Courtney6708 said...

I love this outfit, love the flower, and I absolutely love, love, love your hair!

QueenDiva said...

Yeah... I am stalking coral this spring/summer... so this is just the beginning :)
As for the hip... slow and steady to be fit.

QueenDiva said...

I have gotten so much love for the fro... I think people were HATING the wig... so glad I set that thing free :D

QueenDiva said...

Thank you sweety!!! I have to admit... I think I was always destined for an afro :D

NappyNaturally said...

Queen, you are rockin' with the best! Your natural crown is glorious, too! Keep.Doin'.It.Big!

QueenDiva said...

Thank you sooo much. I see I am among a great group of beautiful women.

Crystal said...

You look adorable am really liking the new hair style hun !

theplussideofme said...

I really like the coral top over the dress, and the peeking out at the shoulder. You look great and I love the flower in your hair!!

Ms_tsomerville33 said...

Natural is you I love the way you are embracing it. You go girl.

Yaqueen14 said...

I LOVE the hair! It's been a while since I've visited (work etc) so I had to catch up. You look so much younger, seriously. But still beautiful! I noted the other changes, may God bless your new path wherever it leads.
Please post some hair updates when you get a chance - I'd love to know what products you are using.

QueenDiva said...

Thanks so much luv!!

QueenDiva said...

Thanks so much!!! Next time I will make the whole on the tee bigger *winks*

QueenDiva said...

Sis!!! You have taught me well :)

QueenDiva said...

I will... I'm still in that... do I like this product yet phase. I am learning something new daily. I do know that I can't imagine why I spent so much time & money on wigs & weaves. This hair brings me joy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails