Friday, April 15, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: Gratitude

This is the official one-year anniversary of FBFF!

This is one of the best ways to link  bloggers on the net. I’m so glad I started doing this because I learn things about myself and about the other bloggers I read. If you aren’t doing it… I suggest you start… today

So Katy wanted to do something about gratitude. We each have so many people in our lives and in the blogging community who have helped us along the way.
She believes it’s time to shine the spotlight on them and give credit where credit
is due (I couldn’t agree more!!).

thank%20you

1.  When it comes to be personally – I owe a lot of who I am to:
My BFFs Dawn and Cyn. When I kept thinking this blog was going no where and when I wanted to give up they gave me constant encouragement. Dawn made sure to comment on each and every post (even when the look didn’t warrant her support lol). But she kept me uplifted and continued to tell me I was meant for this. Cyn wouldn’t let me quit. She also would call me to style her for events because she “trusted my opinion”. Finally… I would Gina & Oly who are 2 old HS friends who would repost my links and support my blog on FB when they could… and that meant so much. Oly also hired me dress her for a wedding and I still to this day appreciate that with all my heart.
All of this support has made me the blogger I am. I am honest because the people who know me best read my blog on occasion and I would never want to assume to be someone I am not. I love fashion… but I also love people… and I have been blessed with a great group of people in my life who support this dream and my passion for fashion.

2. When it comes to be professionally – I owe a lot of who I am to: 
There are a few bloggers who have helped me professionally become the blogger I am today… There are so many who I hold near and dear to my heart but the list would go on forever. But let’s list some who probably don’t even realize how much they influence me.
Stiletto Siren: This chick is a blogger buddy turned dear friend. She listened to me when I felt like this blog wasn’t going anywhere and I was never going to find my place in the blogger community. She told me to be patient and it would happen. She helped me to learn to better run my blog as a business as opposed to just a hobby. The knowledge and heart she has is never-ending and some day I hope to be able to say “You see that super famous blogger on TV? I know her!!! She helped train me as a blogger!”
Amanda: She is a blogger who may not be as well known as others but to me she is super famous. She gives plus size models a voice so if you are new in this arena… she is the girl to see. But on days where I feel like life is kicking my arse and I’m fearful of “whining” on twitter… she gives me the kick in the derriere I need. There has been threats of violence on both our parts but its all love… and I am in part the blogger I am today for her.

Other bloggers who were also there and supportive when I wasn’t sure this was what I wanted to do (who are by no means any less important):
Monique
Cid
Nikstarr
Marie Denee
Kameel
Maria
Anika

3. When it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough spots:
My readers/followers… every time I was about to give up… they motivated me to keep on going… because apparently… I’m helping and inspiring people (yeah I don’t get it either lol)

4. One blogging challenge I’m grateful happened because it made me
stronger was…
Earlier this year (practically the first of the year) I had a mental breakdown. I didn’t know if I wanted to continue to live much less to continue to blog. I felt like negative people were coming at me from all sides and I just was not strong enough to deal. I wanted to just say “Haters make me stronger” but I just couldn’t do it. But my friends and readers rallied and left posts and said that they were glad I was being so honest. That others suffered from Manic Depression and/or Bipolar Disorder. That break… that rock bottom point in my life helped me realize that I have to stay around to continue to blog for no other reason than to make others feel better about themselves. If doing “Diva Spotlights” and/or “Divas of the Week” will make someone feel better about themselves… or think they can achieve the fashion they desire whenever they want… then I will be here to give a voice to the “little guy”. Because no matter how many followers I have… I still remember the day when the only comment I saw on my posts came from my bff Dawn.

5. To my readers, I’d like to say…
THANK YOU!!!
Thank you for reading this little blog that is sometimes about fashion and sometimes about being the ridiculous being that is Yoli…
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give a darn about what I’m wearing, what I want to buy, and whose outfit I think rocks the caspa.
Thank you for leaving comments on my posts because you don’t have to but it means a lot to me
Thank you for following me on twitter and Facebook
But most importantly… thank you for being you. That fabulous diva inside that you think no one sees… I see… I know how fabulous you are… and that kind of awesome… deserves a thank you… in my book

The Friend Friday project by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and create a friendly connection with other bloggers. Join the conversation by joining the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group.

~besitos~
QueenDivaPurple

10 comments:

╰⊰⊹✿Dawn╰⊰⊹✿ said...

OMG you made me cry! THANK GOD I WEAR WATER PROOF! =) Not that you needed to thank me for being a friend but you are welcome. I am so proud of you on so many different levels. Even tho there are days when I say WTH is she thinking? I then look again and realize that you are being YOU and thats what makes you sparkle and shine! You are never afraid to wear what makes you happy. The full blown blast of sunshine that we get from your smile is contageous. It makes us want to do the same and there for maybe make someone else. I know that there are days that you dont feel it. But you show it and that gives us all the strenght to put on our big girl panties and deal with our issues as well. Your ability to be raw and to humble yourself to put your faults as well as your strengths out there to let us know that we arent alone and that we are only human is a blessing to so many. You are an inspiration to many. I know that you inspire me daily. I am proud to have you as my BFF. Keep up the good work Momma, you are spreading fashion awareness and confidence to women one smile and blog at a time.

xoxox
D

Michelle said...

This is a nice show of appreciation :-) I think I'm where you are now feeling like my blog is moving no where! But I shall just do what I do.

Great FF post

QueenDiva said...

What you have to remember is that not everyone is as vocal. So you may be helping someone and don't even know it. So I continue because I love this blog... but I also love the people I help without even knowing I do so :)

Ms_MJ said...

This was awesome girl!! I know I wouldn't be doing half the stuff I was doing without my girlfriends!

Dawn said...

Ok i am going to attempt this for the 3rd time lol Your blog hates me today lol.

Yolanda you are an inspiration to more than you know. You humbling yourself and baring your soul to help others know that they are not alone and shining your sparkling light is not only inspiring but its EMPOWERING! You have a gift to reach alot of people who may not always like what you wear, but we love your giving heart. And for that WE thank YOU!

You make it possible that we can see thru you that, you know what, its ok to wear something that someone may not like but it makes YOU happy and when it makes your soul shine no one is going to care that you are wearing jeans and a T-shirt , an evening gown or a polka dot mu-mu! Its the YOU that they are seeing not just what you are wearing and THAT my Dear is what makes you exceptional!!!

Thank you for being YOU and sharing your heart and soul and divine fashion sence with us all!
We love You and want you to keep up the good work ! <3

xoxoxxo
D

QueenDiva said...

Thanks!!!

QueenDiva said...

Dawn... I love you... I really do... and this almost made me cry... I laughed instead... Polka dot mumu? Is that towards any outfit in particular? lmao!!!!

Anika said...

Sweetheart, I love you and I believe in you. You have so much to offer to us readers! I loved reading your post. And, I love seing all of your different looks! You are one hot mama my dear. Big hugs are on their way to find you, all the way from Oslo! Big kiss

Moniquezuman said...

I love your answers! and I love what your blog stands for! You are amazing!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Maria said...

Aww, I love this post! I'm glad every time life hands you a challenge you always dust yourself off and keep going. That's what life's all about, and you personify strength, inspiration, and confidence. One of the reasons I love your blog is because you're always so honest. We don't always feel our best, but you're one of the few people who are willing to share that side with us, and that to me, makes you a great blogger.

Related Posts with Thumbnails