Monday, April 11, 2011

DOTD: One Day of Faux Spring

Faux Spring… that is what I am calling today. Its 85° outside but then the rest of the week it will plummet back down to 60° again. So I decided to make the best of this one day of fabulous spring and wear my City Chic denim sweetheart dress. I love this dress. I am a bit busty for this dress… but I don’t care… I love it and have been looking for a denim dress for quite some time.

Anyway… I also love how this idea formed in my head. I wanted to wear my super long pearl/pink earrings for ages. Every time I wanted to wear them on the blog… something would happen. Well… today was the day. These earrings are such a conversation starter, that the guy at the local convenience store could not stop talking about them. He was an sweet older Asian man who is always nice to me, but today he was super nice to me… yep… these are my lucky earrings… lol

I also saw my nemesis… ugh… hate this man. I mean… he was once a friend of my husbands, until he started going around telling everyone that I’m in love with him and that I was stalking him (WTF?!!!). He’s an idiot. So now when I see him, I have to go against my very nature and NOT speak to him. I don’t say hi, ask how he’s doing, or anything. That’s not me… but if I even acknowledge his existence, he starts up some more nonsense… double ugh! He’s a handsome man on the outside… but inside… he’s made of gooo, black ash, and sludge. So while in the store, I pretended he wasn’t there. I hate being mean, leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Anyway, today’s pictures are funny to me because I wish they came with a soundtrack. There is a business near my photo sanctuary and the guys were there working and while I took my pics, they were applauding… lol… creepy but hey… I tried to work with it, but I eventually had to move away from the cherry blossoms and photo in front of the greenery again instead. In their line of view… it made me so nervous I looked weird in most of the photos. By weird I mean, like a deer caught in headlights lol.

So here they are… What do you think?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: City Chic
Cardigan: Thrifted
Shoes: Shoedazzle 
Earrings: Blessed Treasures
Sunglasses: Baby Phat (Wal-mart)

IMG_0091IMG_0127IMG_0130IMG_0051IMG_0064IMG_0111IMG_0101IMG_0100

IMG_0001-1IMG_0003-1

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE DRESS!!! I HAVE BEEN WANTING A STRAPLESS DENIM DRESS FOR A WHILE!

digal704 said...

You look great. I wish I could pull off a strapless anything. Too self conscious. I live vicariously through you!

Unknown said...

the dress and shoes! love! I have a pair of earrings i have yet to wear too, i need to style and outfit around them.

Unknown said...

Oh this is too cute! I am inspired to find such a look but City Chic doesn't have this dress in my size! :( The adventure begins!

Heather Fonseca said...

Love your denim dress! I've been looking for one for a while but so far no luck for me.

Sorry about the creep. I think your tactic of not talking to him is best. If you think about it, you're really not being rude if you pretend not to notice he's there!

Love,
Heather
http://thestyleconfessions.com/

Voluptuous Vixen said...

I love that denim dress on you, it highlights all your assets in a very elegant manner.

Please check out my blog on http://voluptuouschronicles.blogspot.com/ I have tagged you in one of my projects, it's called " I feel most beautiful when ..." I'd appreciate it if you took part diva.

Thanks a mil.

xoxo

M.J said...

Girl that denim dress is crazy cute and earring go perfect with it! :)

Anonymous said...

I admire your confidence.

Looking forward to buying my tripod and jumping on the style post bandwagon.

Alissa said...

Work! That dress is soooooo cute on you.

Heather Fonseca said...

Love your denim dress! I've been looking for one for a while but so far no luck for me.

Sorry about the creep. I think your tactic of not talking to him is best. If you think about it, you're really not being rude if you pretend not to notice he's there!

Love,
Heather
http://thestyleconfessions.com/

QueenDiva said...

I have to make a confession... I don't use a tripod... I use the hood of my SUV... lol

QueenDiva said...

Thank you so much!

StaceyKay said...

I love this dress on you! That shape is PERFECT! That denim is so cute.

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
Cleveland Free Press: Goodwill Huntingg Shopping Guides
Fashionable Photography with Mindy Sue
My Vintage Handbag Line

Related Posts with Thumbnails