Wednesday, April 13, 2011

DOTD: LYS Maxi… review?

Okay… its not a review. A review in my opinion is where you explain what you love and what you don’t particularly love. But if you LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about something… its not really a review, it’s more like a tribute to why this dress rocks. You know I love Maxi dresses. Especially maxi dresses that allow for a little cleavage (which is sexy) but covers the legs almost to the toes. So this dress… is in my top maxi category… so much so that I went back to Kmart and got this dress’ twin. One of the cutest parts of this maxi is the crochet detail straps & back. Seriously… everyone should own this dress.

Now when the Kmart Love Your Style, Love Your Size (LYS) line first came out… I wasn’t impressed with much but a lone skirt. At least on the plus size side, on the regular size side… I loved almost everything. They even inspired an outfit here on my blog.Then they came out with an awesome Moto jacket… that I had to have… that jacket let me to this dress. When I went to buy the jacket I found the dress… the dress I’m wearing today… that also caused me to return to buy the other color. Yes… this dress is comfortable and perfect for a rainy day. I’m so glad I made this purchase.

I was stopped by a lady at the courthouse asking me about my dress (had to pay a ticket for hubby) and she told me she was jealous as she was unable to wear maxi dresses. She was significantly shorter than me… so even though I sometimes consider my height a curse… when it comes to maxi dresses… it is surely a blessing

What do you think about the LYS line so far? Do you own any pieces? How do you feel about my styling of this maxi?

Outfit Breakdown:
Maxi Dress: LYS (Kmart Fashion)
Crop Jacket: Torrid 
Patent Leather Shoes: Target
Earrings: Beauty Supply

IMG_0066IMG_0019IMG_0013IMG_0012IMG_0047IMG_0051IMG_0083IMG_0085

12 comments:

lalaG said...

im loving that dress on you. i wish we had a kmart here...

Elina said...

Ha! I'm short and chubby and have no problem whatsoever with maxi dresses. I really feel people in all shapes and sizes should stop creating themselves these artificial barriers that dictate what they can or should wear. Especially when it's clothes they love!

Anonymous said...

I like! The back is so sexy!

CrazySexyCoolLove said...

Im with Elina, Im short n chubby and live in maxi's all summer long. In fact that reminds me I have one in the closet waiting to b shortend! Cute cute cute

Unknown said...

@lalag & gen321: Thanks for the love. I really appreciate it.

@Elina & TMC: I love that you ladies make it work. So many times people will miss out on great fashion for nothing more than NOT making time to make the look work for them. So bravo to you 2. Show em that petites can rock maxis too!!

Unknown said...

Here we go again with me buying a dress that you have!!! I just checked and they also have it on sale online!!! I have to order from online because I have no idea where the closest KMart is to Austin!

Terri said...

I am chubby and very short, so I hem my maxi dresses so that the hit the floor and wear them with flat thong sandals for a very boho vibe all summer long.

Elina said...

Ha! I'm short and chubby and have no problem whatsoever with maxi dresses. I really feel people in all shapes and sizes should stop creating themselves these artificial barriers that dictate what they can or should wear. Especially when it's clothes they love!

QueenDiva said...

Well... when you get it... I can't wait to see how you style it!

QueenDiva said...

I love that you make them work for you... I think that maxi dresses and skirts are like wearing fashionable nightgowns... it doesn't get more comfortable than that!! kik

Fat Style said...

Wow I loooove the Dress, I am so in animal prints, and this back !! Thumbs UP!!


infatstyle.blogspot.com

Patrice K said...

chic!!! love the dress!!
thnx 4 leaving me a comment :)))

http://imjustmefashionblog.blogspot.com :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails