Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DOTD: Effortless Color Blocking

I have not blogged in 2 days and I feel like I am losing my mind. I wanted to blog… but I was knee deep in my closet and finding items to sale. I’m still not done but I had to post something or really risk losing my mind.

I received this Effortless Colorblocked Dress from Monroe & Main last week and it would have been a great dress to wear on Easter but I had already planned the purple dress. So I decided to hold off. I tried the dress on and was happy I did because it felt so good against my skin. It has nice construction and well made. I have tried them in the past because my mom was a huge catalog shopper and liked their clothing for church. I am a born-again fan because this dress is nice… but most importantly… the sizing chart is SPOT ON!!!

So many times I shop for things based on the sizing chart and then when it shows up, it fits everywhere but on “the girls” and then I’m stuck trying to make it work with tanks and camis because it is so boobie-licious… I can’t leave my house without fear of a fallout accident. This dress has cleavage but not to the point of being too much. The automatic colorblocking of this dress means I can pretty much put any color accessories with this dress and make it awesome. I’m glad this is the dress they sent because it is typical girly-ness me.

I got this dress in a 2X. So figure if I had gotten a 3X it would have been bigger but not too baggy because of my girls. If you feel like I’m showing to much cleavage you should go up to the 3X. I’m comfortable with the 2X. I really think you should swing by Monroe & Main’s website and try out their Plus size fashions. It’s not just for older conservatives anymore… they have pieces that could work in any wardrobe.

My only wish for this dress is that I wish it were longer, because with my stilettos… I look like I’m all legs. Which I don’t mind, but sometimes you don’t want to feel like one strong breeze will show all your secrets lol.

Have you ever purchased from Monroe & Main? Swing by their page now and leave a comment below with something you’d like to wear… Also… what do you think of this dress?
IMG_0069IMG_0042IMG_0044IMG_0046IMG_0065IMG_0057
Shoes: ebay (seller: feetishheels)
Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Flower: Dots

7 comments:

Gaby said...

i LOVE your yellow accessories. what a great way to brighten a look! found you through FTF on facebook!

xxoo
www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

Kenyetta said...

so cute, im going to try color blocking soon

Nekiah said...

This dress is cute! Kiah

Beatrice said...

Cute dress! I had not heard of Monroe and Main before. After looking at their site, I really like the Tokyo surplus dress.

QueenDiva said...

That was my second choice!! Beatrice, we have similiar tastes.Thanks for the love :)

Ofelia said...

LOve the dress and the yellow accessories. Great poses!
I don't like to show too much of my cleavage either. A little goes a long way.

Anonymous said...

yes i know bout monroe and main i like them a little bit. My motherinlaw shops them too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails