Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DOTD: New Start, New Yoli

So the straight hair lasted one night. I appreciate all the love and everything… but I didn’t like it. I felt like I had stepped into a time machine and went back to my high school hair. But as I step into a new part of my life… I needed no nonsense hair. I needed some hair that I could do in little time and little effort but could still feel diva. Because as I venture into this “separated” phase of my life… I need hair that isn’t going to take a lot of “work” as I will soon be a single mother of 3 children. Yes… hubby and I are no more. He turned into someone I couldn’t trust or believe in… and after that… I knew I could either take it… or show him the door. This was a difficult decision to make. I love him. I still love him very much. But I had to show him that when he puts our family life in jeopardy… he can’t stay. It’s not cheating… its just taking a lot of risks that could cause us to lose everything… when we barely have much to begin with… I made this choice for my children. We may reconcile… I am leaving a small door open for that… but some SERIOUS changes must be made before that is even a possibility. I believe professional help is needed.

So this is the new Yoli… will it change my blog. Ummmm no! I still love makeup, fashion, and shoes. I just won’t be rocking the wig. If natural hair is not your thing… I hope that you would stay around for the fashion… because that will NOT change… well… it will but only for the better *winks*

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress/Leggings: Forever21+
Jacket: Ashley Stewart 
Shoes: Eva & Zoe (Off Broadway Shoes)
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Flower: Target

Excuse some of my facial expressions… as soon as I set up my camera… it started to rain… so that was me worried about the pics… but also worried about my camara… lol. What do you think of the hair/outfit?


IMG_0005IMG_0009IMG_0022IMG_0023IMG_0015IMG_0010IMG_0035IMG_0031

27 comments:

divastyle10 said...

Natural HAIR IS THE BOMB AND SO IS YOUR OUTFIT, GIRL THE SHOES!!!!!! I LOve SHOES!!!!!

Dawn said...

LOVE it!! You go with your Diva Self!!! <3

Mia Newman said...

okay let me first say that YOU ROCK!! I love your hair and the shoes are awesome as always. Your facial expression in the 5th pic had me rotfl!!!

Martha McIntosh said...

I am loving the natural hair!!!! Definitely a must stay!

LiteralGemini said...

Lovin the hair! and I love the outfit. Don't you just love spring!!

QueenDiva said...

thanks love!

QueenDiva said...

Thanks... i was looking at the camera like it was a foreign entity... lol... I'm a mess. :)

QueenDiva said...

Oh yeah!! It's not going anywhere... because I am loving the ease of this...

QueenDiva said...

Thanks... I am so glad I did this... best decision ever!! And yes... Spring... makes me sooo happy!

goldnglitters said...

I love it Yo Yo!!!! Your hair and outfit is amazing....Werk!

Veronica Williams said...

*singing* hey sista go sista, soul sista, go sista! :-D You are looking so so GOOD in the purple! YES! And the natural hair is lovely lovely. <3

Kimberly Myles said...

U rock! Nuff said!

Crystal said...

Purple is your color boo ! Lookin good

L. Michelle said...

Listen mama. THE NATURAL HAIR IS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BETTER WORK IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your marriage, I know that can be stressful, but if you are stressed, it ain't showing here!!!!!!!

glossandsticks said...

I appreciate your transparency, that is why I love your blog! I love the new look. I wish I had the patience to go natural, but at this point I am too busy to maintain it. So right now, I am still rocking a wig and a relaxer. I know that is so pitiful, :(. Be encouraged my sister and remember God has your back.

Carmella said...

I love this! And I almost bought that dress. You got this girl. As long as you know you're doing the right thing, you can make it though. We're all here for you girl!

TheNotoriousZAG said...

Yaaaaaaaaas to the bush!! GIRL, it is the truth!! You look so pretty, the color purple is majestic on the QueenDiva. I am loving everything about this look, its so cohesive and styled just right, down to the flower in your hair.
While I am sorry to hear about your trials, you will get through this! I wish the best for you and your family, as it is nothing to play with. You do what's best for you and your children. We are here to support you.

youradmirer said...

Anything natural has to be alright. I have an afro myself and have found natural products to be the best for skin and hair. A black woman who loves herself and embraces her nappy hair is beautiful, powerful, sexy, and courageous.

Beatrice said...

Another great outfit! I love your hair natural, you look so effortless and carefree. Lots and lots of good wishes for you and your little ones as you start a new phase of your life.

Liz said...

Sorry to hear about your break up....its never easy! I love your hair au natural!!! In today's outfit I particularly LOVE the shoes.....I'm an accessories gal and I always notice shoes, bags and jewellery before anything else lol

Lexy_BeautyFash said...

Loving the natural hair, it suits you well!! I absolutely love how you styled it with the flower and that dress is adorable!

QueenDiva said...

Thanks so much. I have no idea why I didn't do this sooner. Its sooo easy and fun!

QueenDiva said...

Those shoes I want to wear everyday... but I know it would get boring. But be prepared to see them lots this spring/summer

QueenDiva said...

*Big wide grin* Thanks so much luv

S Summers said...

You know I love it ! Yea for Team natural ! and those booties ohhhhh! love it

ModePlus said...

I like the haircut. Recently did a BC, needing some drastic changes. In every situation (how painful) we can take out a lesson. Wishing you wisdom and strength. But somehow I believe u don't be needing them. Happy Easter weekend!

theplussideofme said...

I'm sorry to hear about the separation. I'm sure that must have been a hard decision for you, but it takes a lot of courage to act and make your life different. As for your look, purple is your color! I love the print and those shoes are fierce. Keep doing you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails