Thursday, April 28, 2011

DOTD: Feeling Like a 50s Siren

Today’s outfit came to me last night. I have this striped blazer and I was like oh, I can wear that with my jeans and a tank… but that is given. I wanted to wear it with something that was a little out of the norm. So then I got this idea that I could wear it with a green dress and make it a statement piece. So that is what I did. And I don’t regret this look, not one bit. Well almost..

This dress I bought about two summers ago from Marshall’s and never wore it. I remember trying it on and it fitting perfectly. Then last year I tried it on and it seemed to fit a bit tighter, so I put it away. And then I checked today and its huge. Taking these pictures were hard because I had to keep pulling up the dress to keep it from falling down and showing my bra. So I am a little upset that when I take this dress off tonight, I will be selling this dress. I got it for $20 and will sell it to the $15 because I only wore it once and it’s a nice quality dress. The size on the inside says 2X. I normally wear a 18/20 so I would say that someone who is top heavy and wears a 22/24 should have great luck with this dress.

I’m really sad that now I have to find a replacement green dress because now this one is no longer an option. *Insert Sad Face Here*

Anyway… on to the look… I also had considerable luck with my makeup today. I tried a new technique on the eyeshadow and I love how it turned out. It’s a green smokey eye look. The products are listed below. I also put on mix-matched earrings. I took one black & one white… I thought it was a cool idea…

What do you think about this outfit concept? Did I do it well? What would you change if this were your outfit?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Marshall’s
Jacket: Torrid 
Shoes: ebay (seller: feetishheels)
Earrings: Beauty Supply
Flower: Dots
IMG_0096IMG_0093IMG_0072IMG_0079IMG_0086IMG_0087IMG_0088IMG_0095

IMG_0016-1IMG_0010-1

Face
Primer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
Foundation: MUFE High Definition Foundation (No. 180)
Powder: Bare Escentuals in Deep

Brows
Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel in Dark Brown

Eyes

Eye Base: Motives & MAC Groundwork
Eyeshadow: MAC 180 Palette Colors: Goldish brown for base & brow bone; metallic green for lid; black for crease
Bottom Eyeliner: NYX Black Bean Jumbo Pencil
Top Lid Eyeliner: L'Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic
Mascara: Revlon Grow Luscious & Maybelline Falsies

Lips
Victoria Secret Lip Gloss in Coconut Craze

14 comments:

goldnglitters said...

beautiful! I love color on your skintone. werkkkk

Moe said...

Very sweet! Love the color on you. The only thing I'd change would be the second flower. I think the one in your hair is enough (or the one on the jacket).

QueenDiva said...

Yeah... i was thinking the same thing. Only the flower on the jacket I can't remove. And my hair was just washed and it is so short... I look like a boy... so the flower made me more comfortable. Next time... no hair flower :D

QueenDiva said...

Thanks... love!!!

Nekiah said...

This is my favorite outfit so far! I love that color dress on you and the jacket is perfect with it! Kiah

QueenDiva said...

I am on a green kick. All shades are speaking to me on a serious level!! Thanks for the compliment.

yaqueen14 said...

Love the stripes with the dress - very cute. I also wanted to make a note - I saw your note about H&M on Love Brown Sugar. Girl, go there and try stuff on! Alot of it is "oversized" or "slouchy" and fits nicely. I bought a drape neck T there last week ($12.95 - love the prices!) and I bught a cream sheer shirt there today - size 10. And I'm a 20-22. It's kinda sad sometimes though because alot of the really cute things aren't in my size and not even close to fitting (I don't do anything tight or clingy) like that cute striped maxi dress - but many of the tops are fine. You know that poncho on LBS? That would probably fit someone up to size 24 - and it's $10. If you have an H&M in the area, it's definitely worth a stop. They have great, affordable shoes and jewelry too. BTW, keep working the hair, I realy love it.

Mia Newman said...

ohhh!! i love this jacket, you'll be able to do so much with it. It sucks that you'll have to sell the dress...its such a pretty color on you.

Ladyofashion said...

I feel that white & white anyone can wear and I love this white on you. The teal is an amazing colour as well! ;)
Ladyofashion

QueenDiva said...

This post couldn't have come at a better time. I am loving some of the maxis I am seeing from H&M on others. So I definately want to give them a try. I'm just so afraid to go in most times. I need to get over that fear... I know. And I need cheap... I really really do... :)

QueenDiva said...

Thanks Mia!! Yeah... I'm going to see if it will shrink a bit in the wash. If not. Sell it I will :(

QueenDiva said...

Thanks so much! I rarely wear it but I was really excited about todays risk in white :)

Anonymous said...

yes i love that dress and the blazer is aaaawesome!!!! I feel wierd not commenting bout your shoes- these just didnt stand out for me. Im selling items on my blog as well click on shop my closet at http://www.buxomchick.com

i wanted to do a twitter/facebook auction to sell them but i wannaa know that people will participate....

Fat Girl Clothes said...

This look is pure perfection! LOVE IT.

Related Posts with Thumbnails