Friday, March 18, 2011

DOTD: Going to hell in a hand basket…

Okay, I live a a bustling area where it is difficult some days to find a place where I can take pictures. I finally figured out that churches are usually empty during the week (at least their parking lots are…) so I take most of my Divalook pictures in the parking lots of empty churches or other empty structures. I prefer they have greenery as a backdrop so that I don’t look like I did them in any random parking lot so it is sometimes hard to find a good location. So today… I wanted to take pictures before I ran to the post office and I used the parking lot of a church I used numerous times before. Well, it turns out its that church that sends those young boys (in white button down shirts and black slacks) to your door asking you to try their church. So they see me in their parking lot and they ride their bikes over to give me a “card”… to which I reply, “no thank you, I have a church home”. One of the boys was like “Really? I just thought since you are in OUR parking lot” but with a undertone of snide-ness that I thought was hilarious. Really? How quickly you abandon your Christian ways. I won’t join your church so now I’m trespassing? That’s how you make people want to come to a loving and open church… Really… lol!!!

After I finished my pictures, I went to the post office to send out the items I finally sold. I was about to spend $60 to send these things to Canada and I was about to cry. But because I looked nice and the guy working their was flirting… he showed me a way to send them without losing all the money I had earned selling my items. Phew!!! I thought I would die. So now I know what I need to do and will be able to sell more items and not have to worry about the cost of sending. I now know what I need to do to cut costs… so that makes my life a bit easier.

So today I decided to try something fun… I love coral & purple together… I think they are so great separately… and amazing as a combo. I don’t know how it will be received… but I really like it. What do you think of the color combination? Would you wear it?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: City Chic
Sweater: Newport News
Shoes: ebay (seller: bluke93)
Earrings: Wal-mart
Sunglasses: Baby Phat (Wal-mart)
** Sorry for the wrinkles… I pressed before I wore it… but had to drive to the location…**

IMG_0007IMG_0078IMG_0036IMG_0026IMG_0031IMG_0084IMG_0057IMG_0060IMG_0085
Me almost fall down!!! LMAO!!!!

2 comments:

Kat White said...

The pic of u almost falling down made me laugh out loud....love you realness and gorgeous fashion sense!

Kat White said...

The pic of u almost falling down made me laugh out loud....love you realness and gorgeous fashion sense!

Related Posts with Thumbnails