Sunday, March 06, 2011

DOTD: I love your Funny Face

**Please note… seriously picture heavy**
Today I was inspired by the late Audrey Hepburn. I love all her movies and just her general presence. On my home screen on my iPod touch is a picture of Audrey Hepburn. Its funny because when hubby saw it he said… “She’s pretty” and I couldn’t believe he had no idea who she was. Now he clearly knows who she is and why I love her so…

So today I had to go grocery shopping and to get belts as I discussed in my last post. I went to breakfast with hubby because it is the only “us” time we seem to get lately… and then planned out the rest of our day. After that we went to the flea market (where I buy my belts) because they are the only place that sells belts that fit and in a variety of colors. We got something for hubby, the kids, and some fruit. I was proud of myself that the only thing I got for me was the belts… oh and a new cover for my iPod touch (because the other broke). I felt like a champion because we spent a great deal and only $20 were for me and it was items I actually NEEDED… not WANTED.

After the flea market we went to 2 grocery stores. The first store we went to is a Latin market that I go to when I want to make authentic Hispanic meals. I find it hilarious because while we’re there… we get stared at quite a bit. One guy was staring so intensely even my hubby got uncomfortable. We both think its because he was in his 20s and his wife was clearly in her 50s with like $80 worth of makeup on her face. He looked absolutely miserable. It may not have been the wife… but he didn’t look happy at all. Even when I smiled at him to let him know he could put his items on the conveyor belt… he still just stood there with this look on his face… staring… not moving a muscle. It was weird. After we left that store we headed to our normal grocery store to get everything else and got some dumplings that we love. Had to stop at another side store to get avocados but after that we were done.

Well… we’re home now and because we didn’t have our memory card in the camera and because its raining cats and dogs… we took our pictures when we got home…

What did you do this weekend? What do think of my Audrey inspired outfit? Doesn’t my hubby look handsome?

Outfit Breakdown:
Jacket: Curve Appeal Consignment
Top: ???? (so old I really don’t remember)
Skinny jeans (cropped): She’s got curves
Shoes: Payless Shoes
Earrings: Wal-Mart
Ring: Beauty Supply

** My makeup was really red eyeshadow… but for whatever reason… it always looks pink**

IMG_0009-1IMG_0003IMG_0006IMG_0007IMG_0008IMG_0010IMG_0012IMG_0013IMG_0014IMG_0016-1IMG_0018IMG_0019IMG_0027IMG_0029IMG_0020IMG_0023

Face
Concealer: Maybelline Mineral Power
Foundation: Eleshia Cosmetics (local vender) in Jamocha

Brows
Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel in Dark Brown
NYX Brow Kit in Dark Brown


Eyes
Eye Base: Motives & MAC Groundwork
Eyeshadow: NYX Smokey Eye kit & NYX Red Head
Top Lashline: Loreal Telescopic in Carbon Black
Bottom Eyeliner: Loreal Hip Eyeliner in Chrome; NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
Mascara: Loreal Voluminous Millions & Maybelline Falsies


Lips
1st Coat: Smashbox Lip Enhancing Mega Gloss in Stardom
2nd Coat: MAC Clear Lipglass
Related Posts with Thumbnails