Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DOTD: Building from the bottom up


I decided that today... in order to go shopping to all the consignment shops in my area (Midnight Madness with 20% off). I wanted to be comfortable. So this is what I put on. But I wanted to show you how I got to the end result:



Outfit Breakdown & Explanation:


First I begain with a basic bottom layer. I put on my strapless bra and felt that the ladies weren't strapped in enough. So my bottom layer consists of a "too small" tube top & leggings. I bought an XL... cut out the teeny tiny built in bra... and used it to pull the ladies in a tad.

Tube top: MaxRave
Capri Leggings: Newport News


Then I added this convertible dress/skirt over it all

Dress: TJ Maxx



After adding the dress... I decided to add a wide belt (also to please Unique I.D.) and a shrug. I love the outcome. I did it unbuttoned and buttoned but ultimately liked it buttoned. I think its a perfect outfit for shopping. Slapped on some blue warpaint today... it seems stress and depression agrees with my makeup application. Another fairly good makeup day.

Sweater shrug: Torrid
Belt: Torrid
Shoes: Victoria Secret
Earrings: Beauty Supply Store
Sunglasses: Coach




Opinions??


~besitos~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS A HOMERUN ALL THE WAY AROUND FOR ME. OUTFIT AND MAKE A+

LipGlossGossip said...

Love the outfit! :-)

BBM said...

i LOVE, LOVE, what you did with this dress! the outcome looks so great on you ms. diva! xoxo!

Unknown said...

@Jayla: Thanks again. I added that wide belt because of your comment to my post yesterday.

@LipGlossGossip: Thanks... you know us Aries have to step it up a notch *winks*

@BBM: Thanks for the compliment... it means a lot... btw... LOVE what you're doing with that LucyLui dress on your blog... me want!!

Lodimat said...

love how you showed your outfit "step by step"!

and your make up is awesome! :D

Unknown said...

I passed the Cherry On Top Award to you!
You can find it here:
http://therealdealreviews.blogspot.com/2010/03/cherry-on-top-award.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails