Monday, March 29, 2010

OMG!!!! Save For A Rainy Day April Challenge

So for the month of April, I have decided I have to reign in my shopping. As I had had a blow to my finances recently, it is in the best interest of my entire family if I stop buying things unnecessarily. It will be difficult, i know this because I get a certain kind of warm fuzzy everytime I purchase something in a store, or I get a box delivered with thingys for me. But that is causing me to buy in excess of what is actually needed. Yes, clothes are needed... but could I TECHNICALLY make it months without buying. Certainly!!! Especially if I actually wore an outfit more than once and I start playing with more color schemes. So... expect April to be very interesting. I will bring together colors that may not be one that you see often. Or I may go with some classical favorites, who knows. All I know is that things can not continue this way. And if I put in savings what I spend on clothes per month. The financial strain I am currently feeling... may not be so bad. So pray for me... and give me constant encouragement... because for me... its like not being able to breathe. I figure it will be easier because April is a stressful month at work so I will be there all the time, thus leaving less time to shop. So since April is typically the rainiest month... this will be my Save For A Rainy Day April Challenge. Do you think I can do it?

Rules to abide by:
  1. No unnecessary purchases... PERIOD.
  2. No clothes, shoes, or makeup for myself (however can accept gifts from others).
  3. No clothes or shoes for kids or Miguel unless it’s a necessity (i.e. – the only pair of shoes don't fit or are lost and a new pair is needed.). Not having clean clothes to wear is not an acceptable excuse to purchase new – laundry must be done.
  4. Only clothes that explicitly state “Dry Clean Only” on the care tag should be taken to the dry cleaner. All other clothing should be done in regular washing machines.
  5. Sales are not an acceptable reasons to buy, if I miss a sale... oh well.
  6. Cannot go to any retailer alone – needs a chaperone.
  7. Nail fill (no designs), and one pedicure.
  8. Limit eating out with the family as much as possible.

~besitos~

9 comments:

CurvyGirlChic said...

Good luck!! I need to do something similar! If only I had the will-power...perhaps we should get a ton of bloggers on the same program--then there'd be so much support! lol :)

Anonymous said...

you can do it if i can!!!

Ashley said...

I very much like this idea. I seriously need to get a handle on my spending too! Definatley going to join you in this!

╰⊰⊹✿Dawn╰⊰⊹✿ said...

Ok hunny I am on board. I will post on my blog too and see what we cant get done. Also you need to add one more rule lol On May 1st you are NOT allowed to have a Store-Gasm and spend all saved pennies to make up for the last 30 days lol :)

LipGlossGossip said...

You can do it!

I need to do this! I don't know if I have the strength! Haha!

Love when you say it's like not being able to breathe! Lol! I feel the same! :D

Unknown said...

@All ladies: It may be something that all of us can do. Tomorrow. I will repost the rules... and ask that you repost the rules to your page if you want to join it. Link back to my page... so I can keep a running tally of who is going to join in. This will be fun. My husband is going to be SOOO proud!!!

vc said...

wow I think I may have to join in that no shopping month pledge! I've been going crazy lately & don't have a job yikes! not smart of me to spend my savings but I am a bargain shopper so everything has been really really cheap! LOL

Maria said...

oh, man, if you can actually do this, you will forever be my hero. I so cannot do it. I already try to limit my purchases and I fail week after week. Good luck though, stay strong and stay focused. And if you find something on like on mega sale, buy it, we won't hold it against you. We know how it is. :)

Also, thank you so much for the award, I'm honored and really really excited. I will get to it as soon as I have more time.

Maria said...

oh, man, if you can actually do this, you will forever be my hero. I so cannot do it. I already try to limit my purchases and I fail week after week. Good luck though, stay strong and stay focused. And if you find something on like on mega sale, buy it, we won't hold it against you. We know how it is. :)

Also, thank you so much for the award, I'm honored and really really excited. I will get to it as soon as I have more time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails