Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DOTD: UK version of me

So... my first round of Dorothy Perkins pieces arrived yesterday. I was sooooo excited I just knew I had to wear one today. Here is a review/heads up for people who have my body shape. The dress is supper comfortable... The problem arrives when or if I decide to go without leggings. I may catch an Indecent Exposure charge from the Maryland Police Department. This "Dress" barely covers my goodies. So needless to say, I will be stocking up on footless tights and leggings (yes pun totally intended). I don't think it would be as much of a problem if I were not rocking these bodacious size F boobies and not to mention the meat house I rock on my backside. So the dress has some hills to pass before it gets to my thighs. Do I blame the dress? Absolutely not!! I have absolutely no problem wearing this dress as a tunic. Like I said... it’s soooooo comfortable... who cares!!! I did some pictures with the light corduroy jacket I wore to run errands and such, as it wasn't completely warm enough to go short sleeves.

Highlight of my day... my MOTD (Make-up of the day). Do you know when you do your makeup or something else creative and you know you COMPLETELY rocked it. That is how I feel about my make-up today. I pass a mirror, stop and smile at my reflection, and move on. I love how the colors just did their jobs today.

I know how I feel about this outfit and makeup. What are your opinions?

Outfit Breakdown:
Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Leggings: Asos Curve
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Accessories: Beauty Supply Store
Jacket: Mom's Closet (love shopping in there)

Make-up details:
Eyeshadow: NYX
Foundation: Mary Kay/Bare Escentuals
Blush: Sephora
Liner (lower lash line): Styli Style
Liquid Liner (upper lid): Motives
Mascara: Lash Plumper Ultra Black by Sephora
 

 
 
~besitos~
 
Don't forget to check me out on Skorch Magazine's Blog (click here)
 
 

13 comments:

vc said...

Love the dress/top looks fab! Can't wait to get some money to order a truck load of clothes from the UK!

Maria said...

ohh, i love the dress, and the makup is looking very cute.

╰⊰⊹✿Dawn╰⊰⊹✿ said...

Adorable! One of my fave sets yet. You know I love you right ? OK so definately keep the leggins cause I so do not wanna have to come bust you out of the Big House for an IE LMAO!!!! <3 Kissy Kissy <3

Totally Inspired said...

This look is really cute on you.. (and I definitely know what you mean about those bumps and curves, i thought that was so funny!) .. WOOOOOWWWW! va-va-voooom.. that MOTD is awesome!! I was gonna ask, where is the lipstick, but then i thought, its not really needed.. you look really good!

Unknown said...

Love the red pumps!

Unknown said...

@Cid, Maria, & Ann - Thanks so much

@Dawn - You know good and well Miguel would NEVER let me leave the house without something underneath that "dress".

@Totally Inspired - I did have on lipstick. Or atleast lip gloss with color. Its Sephora lip gloss Sugar & Spice. Its a light brown color. I don't do to many reds... but its also very rare that I wear a lipgloss without color. Its usual a very nuetral color. I figure it balances my face as my eyeshadows are usually so vibrant.

BBM said...

hello! how did i miss ure blog? look at u and ure poses ... i freakin love it ... ure the epitome of DIVA ... love! ;-) ive been wanting to order from Dorothy Perkins ... I wear a size 2x ... will their stuff fit me?

i love this outfit with pops of red, and the jacket pulls it all together. aawww, i love that u scored the jacket from ure moms closet ... i miss my mom!

and u do make-up crazy good ... ure eyeliner looks so natural ... very cool and i like the nude lips. i agree, go with nude lips if u have vibrant color on ure eyes.

xoxo!

Unknown said...

@BBM
Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Now to answer your question. I usually get a size 2x in tops cause of the boobies *whisper voice*
I wear depending on the make on top a size 18-22. On bottom I wear a size 16/18. So I've been ordering a UK22 and the occasional UK24 (very rare). Dorothy Perkins goes up to a UK22 and if you buy a stretchy material it will probably fit as you see above. I haven't tried pants from them yet. I do have a pencil skirt on order and when it arrives... I'll let you know how it worked out :)
I did a review on ASOS Curve in a previous post...

Lodimat said...

woooaaahhh your make-up! :D awesome!

Unknown said...

@Lodi
Thanks a million... again... wish I were in Germany!!!

Anonymous said...

what size did you buy the DP dress in?

Unknown said...

@Jayla I bought it in they're largest size UK22

Ann said...

Love the red pumps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails