Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Join the: OMG! Save For A Rainy Day April Challenge

I am not doing any shopping for the month of April... If you would like to join in... copy the rules below to your blog (if you have one)... and leave a comment letting me know you're going to join in... I think it will be so much easier if we do this as a team and can support one another...

Rules to abide by:
  1. No unnecessary purchases... PERIOD.
  2. No clothes, shoes, or makeup for myself (however can accept gifts from others).
  3. No clothes or shoes for kids or Miguel unless it’s a necessity (i.e. – the only pair of shoes don't fit or are lost and a new pair is needed.). Not having clean clothes to wear is not an acceptable excuse to purchase new – laundry must be done.
  4. Only clothes that explicitly state “Dry Clean Only” on the care tag should be taken to the dry cleaner. All other clothing should be done in regular washing machines.
  5. Sales are not an acceptable reasons to buy, if I miss a sale... oh well.
  6. Cannot go to any retailer alone – need a chaperone.
  7. Nail fill (no designs), and one pedicure. (or limit your manicures)
  8. Limit eating out with the family as much as possible.
Sounds pretty simple right? Oh and on May1st you are absolutely not allowed to have a Store-Gasm and spend all the money you have saved lol!


My BFF Diva Dawn is also issuing a side challenge...


**Pick a bank, bucket or cup for the month of April put all the change that you accumulate into this cup. At the end of the month count it up. You would be suprised how much change you get everytime you break a dollar!!

So, are you in?

I hope you can join in... I could use all the support I can get!!!

~besitos~


 

5 comments:

Carmella said...

Giiiirrrl Idk about this one LOL. As I was reading down the list I was cringing! April would be the perfect month for me to do this since I have a pile up of expenses. But buying things for myself lifts my spirit. Let us know how this goes! Maybe I'll join later LOL

LipGlossGossip said...

I so want to do this with you but we are goin on vacation in April! Vacation=Shopping! Lol! :D

Unknown said...

I should do this but I am headed to DC this weekend to visit my in laws. No way can I make a trip into the city without doing a little shopping. lol
I have full faith that you'll pull it off though!

Anonymous said...

I'll do it! I'll trade off the mani/pedi for one pair of sandals or heels on sale for my sister's wedding next month. And I live alone, so I can't do the chaperone thing - but I'll strictly limit myself to what I need.

None said...

I already had decided to impose my own shopping ban on myself for April, so I'm with you on this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails