Saturday, October 23, 2010

DOTD: A bit of my signature color

Oh my gosh I have had such a great couple of days. Most importantly is that I should start a new job next week. I haven’t been this excited about anything in a very very long time. I love you all for all your support during this period of unemployment. But I can’t wait to show you my daily work outfits and my style as I adapt to work life yet again.

Today, after the excitement of it all I decided to put on my “signature color”. If you’re fairly new to my blog then you may not understand the significance but I previously indicated to my readers that red was my power color (also the color I wore on my interview). And later someone (my bff) said that if red was my power color than purple was my signature color… then later someone said when I wear purple I make it my biach… I have to admit… I do feel pretty when I’m in purple. I feel better than pretty… I feel glamorous…

So to continue my good feeling, I used my shirt that I purchased with my Loop18 winning giftcard from Lane Bryant.  I love this shirt because it came with a belt with purple in the front… the belt is a bit big… but I don’t care…

I added my purple stilettos and this outfit is the result… What do you think?

IMG_0074IMG_0044IMG_0061         IMG_0079IMG_0071 IMG_0075 

What I’m Wearing Today:

Top/Belt: Lane Bryant

Cardigan: Motto (Curve Appeal Consignment)

Skinny Jeans: Torrid 

Studded Purple Stilettos: ebay (seller: bluke93)

Earrings: Wal-mart

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE! You should try it with the belt over the sweater, too. (Another blogger I follow does it a lot...sometimes it works for me, sometimes not.)

Again: fierce fierce fierce shoes!

Velma Williams said...

Really cute outfit!

i love the shoes :), great post!

Deb Darling said...

Looking lovely as ever, Miss Queen D!!! I hope everything works out as you want...keeping fingers crossed and saying little prayers. It will be so good for you to have a job again....I know how you have been feeling. All the very best.

Courtney said...

Gorgeous! You do look fabu in purple

Loving the Reflection

Sabrina said...

Purple is definitely your color! This has to be one of my favorite outfits of yours. You are seriously rocking in those skinnies! LOVE!!!!n

Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

Congrats on the job! I am so happy for you!

You look soo classic and chic. you definitely rock the purple!

None said...

I like your outfit and love the cardigan. Congratulations on the new job!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job! I love that deep purple, it looks great on you and those shoes are hot!

Miss Case said...

you DO make purple your biach! lol you look absolutely amazing! I love it...you've definitely got your signature color down.
Congratulations on the job!

vc said...

Congrats my dear on finding a job! Looking forward to your work outfits. Purple does look great on you. It has become a fave of mine too.

Brenda Jean said...

Um, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 And you look DIVINE.

Anonymous said...

you look great in this outfit! and congratulations :)

Kenyetta said...

congrats!!! love this look so comfy and chic

FrauTech said...

Love the hair, the cardigan, the belt, the shoes, the earrings, perfect! Again! And I am SO happy for you on the job, it's really satisfying when something nice happens to someone who deserves it.

Maria said...

I'm so happy that you got a job! I can't wait to see more of your work outfits.

Related Posts with Thumbnails