Tuesday, October 05, 2010

DOTD: Color-less

Readers:
I am warning you now that this is the least amount of color you've ever seen me in. But I've seen tons of celebrities working this look (all black with leopard shoes) everywhere. The last few days have been so boring and drab but this outfit actually made me feel better. Why? Because everywhere I went people were staring. If I were a different girl I would be self-conscious. But style is the ability to be confident in whatever you're wearing... no matter what... at least in my opinion.

Now before I go on to this I wanted to bring you into a little drama i experienced lately. I had this friend who was a friend of mine and my husbands. He is significantly older... by older I mean he is hitting his 70s. He tells people he is 50 (in a pigs eye this guy is 50... if he is... life has been very very hard on him). Anyway, he was helping my family out by hiring me to be his taxi. I would drive him to work and other places and he would pay me gas and a little something for my trouble. I loved it.... it was easy plus it kept gas in my tank. Sometimes I would hang out after to make sure he was okay. He lives with his 35 year old son (his other sons are 39 & 36)... and his son drinks alot and just generally pays me no attention. Now lately he gets upset with his son because he will walk past me as though I'm not there... I don't care cause his son is a crap man... who cares if someone without a soul speaks to them? Not me...

I promise I'm getting to the point...

He goes on to tell me that his son is mad because he's still married in Guatemala to his mother and thinks he's cheating on her (mind you... his sons all know my husband... *sigh*). So on Friday night he asks me to ask my husband if he could help him move into another house. Hubby agreed and Saturday evening we wait & wait & wait some more... no call. So we call him... wanting to know what is his plans were... well this is where it gets great...

His outgoing message is a message to me telling me how uncomfortable I make his son and how its best if I don't drop by... did you catch that... HIS OUTGOING MESSAGE ON HIS VOICEMAIL...

Hubby asks me if anything is going on with him (in a damns pig eye... ewwwwwwwww) we fight, then I leave a very very nasty couple of messages on his voicemail. Call his son and told him to get his father some medical attention for his delusional tendencies (son tells me he never said that and also believes his father is 100 miles past CRAZY)...

Then today... he texts me and said (in Spanish... he speaks limited English)... "Are you still mad? Forgive me please. To forgiving is hard but is a sweet feeling also." Are you friggin kidding me?? The cajones of this man... seriously... 3 days later I'm supposed to be over it. He better be glad I'm too nice, exhausted, and broke to drive over to his house and beat him into an oblivion...

I wasn't going to tell you guys this story... but I thought... lately you guys keep saying in your comments that you love my little bits of me... so how does this one look? Hope it makes you laugh... I'm not laughing yet... but I think I will 2 years from now... again... What an idiot!!!!





Was fooling around with the kids watching me (below)... was supposed to be a muscle pose...

What I wore today:
Dress/Tunic: Marshalls
Leggings: Asos Curve
Boyfriend Blazer: Silhouettes
Leopard Booties: ebay (seller: metronomestudios)



~besitos~

10 comments:

Courtney said...

You poor thing! How offensive to be accused of messing around with some other man, first of all, and then to be blasting it to everyone on your voicemail?! Just plain Crazy with a capital "C".
On another note, I love Love LOVE those leopard print booties!

Anonymous said...

No wonder everyone was looking at you today.....the whole look ROCKS! So jealous of your leopard print booties (I can't do that heel.)

And there's a lotta crazy in the world...it ain't your fault when some of it finds you, you just gotta get the heck out of it's way! (It was kinda funny....you'll get there on that.)

Anonymous said...

OMG, how awful. He does realize that everyone can hear that message if they call and he misses the call, right? Crazy people nowadays, hope you can laugh about this soon.

Also, From now on all your pics should contain a laughing Yolanda, lol. The last two pics...gosh, absolutely gorgeous. There's a light that just surrounds you.

thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

Hey I love your outfit. I just bought another pair of leopard shoes. I hope they fit since I am buying them over the internet.

You also won my blog contest! YAY! Send me your email address via DM on Twitter.

Kenyetta said...

Omg we have the same shoes! well i dont have mine yet i just ordered them.lol Cute look!

Unknown said...

These comments make me feel so warm and fuzzy. I love it... @Mich: I will try to laugh... its easier when my kids are home... cuz they are goofballs... but when I'm home by myself taking pics... I'm certain I would be put away in the looney bin if caught laughing all alone... lmao

Totally Inspired said...

This is definitely a fabulous look!! I Love it.. I have said it before.. but imma say it again.. your smile (and laugh) is infectious.. cute.. for real!
Mrs Hall In Training

Deb Darling said...

All black = all wonderful and it just makes your shoes/booties pop!!!
And don't you look like you could just walk all over Mr. Crazy Talk!!!
Would you like to trade him for my crazy Tagged fellow who has never met me but is "in love" with me and sending crazy "sexy" messages through Tagged?

Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

I am sorry this happened to you, but it is not a reflection of who you are! you are wonderful. and smoking HOT! omg you look faaaaaaaaaaaaaab! love it! <3 <3 <3

Brenda Jean said...

I love the idea of you revisiting outfits and doing them again. I think we all (fatties) should celebrate newfound steps in confidence and boldness of style -- and this is a GREAT way to go about that celebration. You're lovely <3 And the first picture of you in the booties is an iconic photo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails