Saturday, October 02, 2010

Finding Fashion Inspiration Everywhere #6: It's a Scary World

I live and breath Style Network. One of my newest favorite shows is It's a Scary World which follows Mel B around with a camera. Considering that I always felt I should have been born in England and wish terribly to have her accent, I watch the show and live vicariously through her. I also google her images on occasion for style inspiration. I know some of you are thinking why her... well its simple. The main purpose of my blog is to lift up women and to let them know that you can duplicate any look no mater the size of the model. I love Mel B's style and I love showing people just how polar opposite we are but that we can both look equally stylish if we pull the look off correctly (not that its difficult for her because I'm pretty sure you could bounce a quarter off that stomach). So although I may not look as polished, I think I did a pretty good job... not to mention I've been stopped by multiple people to tell me I look nice... What do you think?

My inspiration for today's outfit...









What I'm wearing:
Skinny Jeans: Torrid
Boots: Ebay (seller: metronomestudios)
Scarf: Target
Earrings: Wal-mart


~besitos~

9 comments:

Bethamint said...

Wow, I didn't recognize Mel B at all in that pic. She sure has changed a lot since I was a huge spice girls fan, lol!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your look! That scarf is great!

kiddotrue said...

you look amazing! i love that you picked an unexpected source of inspiration as well. i would love to see more of this idea!

Deb Darling said...

I like Mel B too - she seems very funny and normal whenever I have seen in her interviewed. Great idea - you took her as inpsiration but made the look your own. I think you did a great job.

Anonymous said...

Um, Love it!!! I love that you took straight size and transformed it to plus size and you definitely represented and showed that plus size fashion can look just as good as straight size.

acceptingallofme.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i think you nailed it. love those booties!

Unknown said...

You can never go wrong with a red pair of shoes! HOT!

Anonymous said...

You totally nailed it. And you totally INSPIRE me!! :)

Brenda Jean said...

YESSS!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails